Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

susanstewart1

Posted Sat Jun 6th, 2009 2:18am Post subject: Ode to television
Positive ions released by you make my mornings seem all the brighter,
More joy do you bring than my first ciggarette, yes you make my heart so much lighter.

I never eat alone of an eve, or stand in aukward silence,
There's no such thing as so much sex bad language or even violence.

Comedy, tradgedy, crime or thriller, and I'm even known to like corrie,
But when I'm watching House be as still as a mouse, shh it's the lovely Hugh Laurie.

All though I like Reading, music and art they sometimes become like revision,
I bathe in your glory you tell the best story, yes you are my television.

"An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them."
Stephen Fry

dexter vandango

Posted Sun Jun 7th, 2009 12:24pm Post subject: Ode to television
20 years ago I wrote a newspaper article titled "My Best Friend" about my television.. which concluded with, "..but unlike my "real" friends I can always turn off my television when I tire of him."

But lately I've come to the reluctant conclusion that an apt epitaph for me would be "He Watched Television."

susanstewart1

Posted Sun Jun 7th, 2009 5:49pm Post subject: Ode to television
I went two years without a TV, but I was miserable, I read so much that it wasn't a pleasure to me any more, then a friend left a small portable at my place and I started to watch movies on it then it snowballed and I have fallen back in love with television, however I really do need to get out more * laughs*.

"An original idea. That can't be too hard. The library must be full of them."
Stephen Fry

Shyamz

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 12:56am Post subject: Ode to television
I know, it's my biggest annoyance that I read so pitifully little besides the few books I love that I keep going back to, but without my DVD player and tv show DVD collection I'd be so ruddy lost.

Nitro

Posted Thu Jun 11th, 2009 4:48am Post subject: Ode to television
20 years ago I wrote a newspaper article titled "My Best Friend" about my television.. which concluded with, "..but unlike my "real" friends I can always turn off my television when I tire of him."

But lately I've come to the reluctant conclusion that an apt epitaph for me would be "He Watched Television."

OMFG that's brilliant! ROFLMAO!!!

Really? Wow.