Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

RighthoJeeves

Posted Wed Oct 10th, 2007 5:06pm Post subject: on Fame
I very much enjoyed the 2nd blog on fame for a couple of reasons. I think the fame that Mr Fry has, has been earned every wit, everything I have seen him in from Blackadder to Jeeves to the documentries and of course Q I are done extremelty well. Mr Fry is a great actor and from what I have seen even though I never met him, a most likeable guy. . In my eyes there couldnt be another Jeeves. It would be like when they have had anyone else try to be Poirot, not the same. It would so wonderful if there was a new series made, later years Did Bertie ever settle down and such... One can dream.. I was pleased to scroll down and see the the title Device and Desires.. I am a major P.D. James fan, read everything she has written to date and Devices and Desires is one of her books. I know the topic posted was nothing of mysteries though.

Fame to me can be wonderful to the world if not overused. If you keep control of who you are, as Shakespere said To thine ownself be true or from childhood the phrase, Remember who you are. With that in mind. Then famous can do good, the famous person can be known, make a difference in the world in what ever medium they chose to use, When famous people try to be something they are not and still wish to be as famous as they orginally were, like say Micheal Jackson, then disaster for them can happen In his case he doesnt even look remotely to the guy who sang Thriller and was famous for that album. I imagine his thinking is alot different too. However take George Washington, famous more so in American history but sitll famous globally, from what I know of him through history, he always was true to hmself, despite his fame in fact he didnt even want it,.

Just some thoughts you can disagree or agree, I rambled on a bit I know.

Kari

Posted Mon Oct 15th, 2007 1:32pm Post subject: on Fame
With the current mania for fame running through young people today, blogs like this should be posted more widely around the internet. With the rise of Paris Hilton and suchlike, being famous as a goal, and not a side-effect of achieving other goals, has been rising as well.

I do have a worship complex, and most every one of my role models is famous. I suppose it's partially a community thing, I like having people who agree with me about how "such and such a person" is "so epic and has great opinions". Also, I think we're developing a second set of standards. Famous people are a few steps above us little people, even if we despise them. They're famous, we're not. Which is partially why we loathe some, despite knowing only that they're famous and popular.

I do however, have to disagree on one point. "On the one hand I am not slapped on the back or punched in the arm much, on the other I am not an object of sexual thrill". As I said, I disagree entirely on that one. A little off topic, but an important point, I think.

Chatter Box

Posted Sun Oct 21st, 2007 9:41pm Post subject: on Fame
I agree with you, there are far too may people in the public eye that appear from nowhere, they are in the main quite ornamental but of absolutely no use whatsoever - except for the sale of pointless magazines such and Heat & NOW, these people have no viewpoint to offer and nothing important to say. They have been plucked from obscurity and thrust under our noses 9/10 to drive us into making some pointless purchase such as an overpriced handbag or pair of shoes or to make us feel normal/abnormal with regards to our appearance. ie one week they are photographed looking fab (airbrushed) and the next week flabbly and makeup less. Whats the point? Who cares about their new hairdo? Not me that's for sure.

Thank heavens for those celebrities that do enrich our lives, may they as the song says 'Live forever' - FAME that is!