Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

RighthoJeeves

Posted Thu Dec 13th, 2007 11:37pm Post subject: on pimping your browser
My parents and one of my brothers use Firefox.I have used it at my parents house.I am going to install it after reading Stephens article about it, I definately am. I am sick of the pop ups Internet Explorer keeps chucking at me even though i have One Care, Windowasher, all those things to scrub the cookies off and stuff, still the same stupid popups come up. I have adjusted my Internet options all of that- still stupid popups invading my Internet. I am tired of that. So ok Jeeves I will try it.

ClareBear

Posted Thu Dec 13th, 2007 11:50pm Post subject: on pimping your browser
Tabbed browsing

RighthoJeeves

Posted Thu Dec 13th, 2007 11:51pm Post subject: on pimping your browser
OK I did what I posted to do, and I already like it., Faster loading in of pages and no idiotic popups!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Dec 15th, 2007 5:36pm Post subject: on pimping your browser
I've used Firefox before. Can't really escape from it when all your friends use it. I had it for a while and then lost it and took forever getting back round to installing it (because I've been so crap and procrastinating over everything lately). I love the Scribblies Plain 2.2 theme. I also love the multiple home pages feature. My sister informs me the latest IE does that too but I hate it so much I refuse to install it on my PC.

Assuming direct control...

Soupy Twist

Posted Sat Dec 15th, 2007 7:32pm Post subject: on pimping your browser
I've also been a Firefox user for several years and can't imagine a life without tabbed browsing

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Dec 15th, 2007 9:26pm Post subject: on pimping your browser
I've also been a Firefox user for several years and can't imagine a life without tabbed browsing

I know what you mean. Makes you wonder how we ever survived without it. I feel that way about broadband too.

Assuming direct control...

Frank Lion

Posted Sat Jan 17th, 2009 5:29am Post subject: on pimping your browser
Hi Stephen,

Some friends pointed me to a newspaper article that you wrote, where you kindly mentioned that you used one of my Firefox themes.

I'm guessing that you will be using Firefox 3 by now? If so, this is just to let you know that Aluminium Kai 2 for Firefox 3 is now out and awaiting your viewing/browsing pleasure here - http://franklion.co.uk/AK2-N/ak2.html

...just thought I would let you know personally as 1. I host all my stuff on my own site now and not on the (ghastly) Mozilla Addons site and 2. Errr, I wanted to join your delightful site anyway.

Best regards, Frank.