Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gravesy

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 2:00pm Post subject: One for Easter
Come on people! Get real!

Here, here!

Anyway, there's only one true god. The almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Flossy

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 2:29pm Post subject: One for Easter
Just read your Flying Spaghhetti Monster page!

Go Monster Go!!

It makes much more sense than a certain book which was compiled 1700 years ago, writen 300 years before that, depicting events which happened 70 years before they were writen, selected from lots of other works many of which were disgarded and cast aside to suit the political machinations of the leaders of the time for their own particular purposes and agenda's and which has been adapted and misquoted over the intervening centuries and used to justify genoside and murder and oppression and slavery and exploitation!

However, a lot of people believe in such a book and who am I to pull their logic from underneath them. I mean, people can believe what they like so long as it doesn't impact on the way we live and think and................................................hold on a minute!!!!!!!!!

At least Spaghhetti Monsters have a real miraculous conetation to them!

ratoutofhell

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 6:07pm Post subject: One for Easter
I'm beginning to wish I hadn't posted the damn thing now... X-D

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Canzonett

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 8:10pm Post subject: One for Easter
Hey, Flossy - don't you think it might be a little precipitate to identify the Christian faith with chocolate bunnies?! Besides, being a Christian does not automatical imply being stuck in a radical evangelicalism that takes the Bible for granted, timeless and infallible - word by word. No decent theologian nowadays will tell you that Herod really had all those infants murdered at Bethlehem for example. That doesn't make the Gospels' message less true for me.

Cut that sarcasm, please.

Flossy

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 8:45pm Post subject: One for Easter
I may have stooped to the level of sacasm and for that I do applogise, but I get confused as to where the Christian message is sometimes!

Some of it's proponents adhere to it's message quite closley and as a concequence have little regard for anything else the human race has written about, and on the other, those who kind of just take the bits that suit them and their personal agendas.

I wouldn't be all that bothered about it much, it's just that christianity has such a prolific influence in the world, what with the world leaders being christian and such like, murdering their way across the world.

I do have a deep respect for peoples beliefs and do admire some of the monastic disciplines, the staunchness and dedication etc but it's just that these doctrines are so opportunistic and inconsistent as to be completely unbelievable.

I think these religions need to claw their way out of the dark ages and look to the social questions in the world. Up date their philosophies, move on and apply the modern context to stuggle that they wage.

Who and what is the devil today for instance? What are the modern definitions of good today, not when Herod was alive. Dont you think Christ would want his followers to be doing that instead of chasing stuff that happened two thousand years ago?

Respectfuly, Flossy!

AxmxZ

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 10:17pm Post subject: One for Easter
I may have stooped to the level of sacasm and for that I do applogise, but I get confused as to where the Christian message is sometimes!

No worries. Christians have been arguing as to the exact meaning of their message since before the Church of Rome told Marcion of Sinope to go boil his head.

Canzonett

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 10:24pm Post subject: One for Easter

Don't worry, I guess that's a necessary part of being a Christian, actually.

ysabella

Posted Wed Apr 4th, 2007 11:40pm Post subject: One for Easter
Chocolate bunnies are a much better religion.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 11:20am Post subject: One for Easter
Our MD has just made his round, giving Lindt chocolate bunnies to all the translators
How sweet is that

(and he even reminds me a little of Stephen Fry, although he is about 10 years younger: tall, dark, blue/green eyes, a big teddy-bear... and it does not end there, unfortunately )

But at least my chocolate supply for Good Friday is ensured now

Canzonett

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 12:14pm Post subject: One for Easter
You know you must bite off the head first. That way, the poor thing doesn't need to suffer so long.

No chocolate for me tomorrow - singing.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 6:58pm Post subject: One for Easter
Oh really I have always considered chocolate easter bunnies to be inanimate.... ´
All I know is that I´ll eat it very slowly as it´ll have to last me for both "Watership down" and "Awakenings" (I forgot to mention that we are having an extra day off tomorrow - unlike in Munich )

Have a lovely time singing, Canzonett (believe me, those who have had the rare and dubious pleasure of hearing me sing will be delighted to know that I´ll stick with the chocolate bunny )

and my very personal Easter greetings to all Fry-masons:

Have a lovely Easter!

ysabella

Posted Thu Apr 5th, 2007 11:48pm Post subject: One for Easter
I consider springtime to be all about Carmina Burana, singingwise.

Oh, oh, oh...totus floreo, iam amore virginali totus ardeo, novus novus novus amor est - quo pereo! quo pereo! quo pereo!

My favorite thing to sing, ever. *makes "Orff Represent" hand gesture*

Canzonett

Posted Fri Apr 6th, 2007 12:32am Post subject: One for Easter
Bach's St Matthew Passion seems more adequate for Good Friday, I'm afraid. Once it starts getting warmer again outside (we had snow here yesterday - SNOW! Can you believe it?!), you might well start singing "Tempus est iucundum". But I'll have to go and help the daughters mourn ...

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Apr 6th, 2007 9:55am Post subject: One for Easter
But I'll have to go and help the daughters mourn ...

For me it's Haydn's "Die sieben letzten Worte" today.
My favourite spring carmen Buranum ever to sing is "ecce gratum": iam iam cedant tristia! estas redit nunc recedit hiemis saevitia!

ysabella

Posted Fri Apr 6th, 2007 9:59am Post subject: One for Easter
Trying to remember how Ecce Gratum goes. Meanwhile, *signals Orff gesture to Soupy Twist*