Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Sun Sep 6th, 2009 11:19pm Post subject: One myth about Apple...

...is that they are 'easier' when it comes to severe technical issues. That's b.s.

Now, having said that, my own experience is that I'd still take a Mac over a Wintel machine any damned day of the week. The OS X interface is one of THE most elegant to ever come along.

Still, there has been a bug in various versions of OS X just barely,( and I mean very barely ), addressed by Apple. No 'patch' of any kind has been created for this sometimes intermittent 'glitch' since OS X 10.2x and onwards.

That glitch is Error 95. You will come to know it the minute you try to mount an app, because it will deny you the ability. This is terribly god damned frustrating for the user.

The problem with Error 95, and what makes it so irritating, (besides Apple's dropping the ball in making a backwards compatible patch ), is that it causes different issues on different machines AND any exisiting 'fixes' for it work for some folks and not for others.

Apple needs to return to the old source code and do some damned hard debugging, create a patch, and post it. It has left a very bitter taste in the mouth of many people who turned to OS X as a 'way out' from the hell that is Microware ( which is anything MS creates lol ). Not everyone is like me and some others who have been using computers of various o/s's for a while. And it's one bug MS could use in their attempt to do anti-Apple marketing.

If Apple doesn't come up with sometheing soon,(and telling people to 'upgrade' is NOT a solution!! ), I'm going to grow increasingly loud about this issue wherever I may roam.

Really? Wow.

gjhsu

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 4:59am Post subject: One myth about Apple...

You're not going to want to use Snow Leopard, then.... haha. Lots of application incompatibility there, especially with older software.

Nitro

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 4:30am Post subject: One myth about Apple...

Another myth is that OS X actually stops spam.

( I just made that up to shove the spam down. Still tastes bad though.)

Really? Wow.

Nitro

Posted Thu Sep 17th, 2009 9:14pm Post subject: One myth about Apple...

Ta da!

If anyone happens upon the 'fix' for error 95, let me know. So far I've seen about six different suggestions for
OS X users affected by this and none of them work.

Hey ho Apple: how'z about it yon propellorheads? Put out a single fix that actually works. You know, for everyone? ROFLMAO!!!!

Really? Wow.