Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

RighthoJeeves

Posted Sat Jun 23rd, 2007 1:11am Post subject: Ooh a close one...
Well if keeping up with my bipolar wasnt enough my blood pressure the other bp is something I need to do, due to a interaction which happened with a birth control med and my Tegretol back when I was a a newly wed, made my blood pressure go sky high.... Been treating it ever since, and its almost been 4yrs now. Well my doc, regular in his wisdom decided to give me a diretic in addition to my blood pressure medicine.... You cannot do this if you take Lithium also which demands hydration. Plus I was not fat, no smoking, no alchohol... nothing to add swelling to myself... A cardioologist added ANOTHER diretic to the mix of the bp med and the previous directic, again you cannot do this.... Dizzy spells began to happen, for no reason, I have hypoglysemia so protien is a factor there sometimes.... Not this time.
Then I got sick, thought it was the flu. Nothing would stay down......
Not my meds, nothing, maybe if lucky a cracker... thought hmm pregnant??
No, not. Have to be careful, as much as we wish for kids , it is a big big risk for us with him with bipolar and ADHD and me Bipolar too.... so no... not that....

Went once to the emergency room,,,, spent half a day got fluids into me and felt ok...
Got home.. thought ok, done with that... No. I was not.
I was tossing my cookies over and over..... my sides were sore.
Back to the hospital.
Spent 5 days there, had a mini seisure.....tests, all that stuff.

My Lithium levels were TOXIC. Cause: The diretics perscribed......

Now I am home, just turned 31. Recovering, feeling good.....

That is my update.....