Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

flamingo78

Posted Tue May 8th, 2012 4:32pm Post subject: Open letter to all of you please Mr.Fry, this is important *Sparatacus report

Dear Stephen,

I hope you're well, I loved your latest work in Sherlock Holmes. I haven't contacted you before but this a call to arms that I sincerely hope you can help me with.

I have a long term illness and disability.I've recently come under attack from the welfare system, and I've done a small amount of investigation to find there is a darker under current carrying through some hideous politics at the moment.

There seems to be a wave started by previous governments and carried on by the current government to pull out vital benefits that the long term seriously ill and disabled rely upon. I'm in a privileged position to be able to use my voice, but there are many brow beaten families around the country who have fought so hard, that they just can't any more. I felt the same at many points in my life, having to justify yourself to the government and repeatedly filling in forms to tell them just how disabled and or ill you are is stupendously demoralising. Yet it seems no matter how many forms you fill in, governments are pulling out safety nets for so many important, brilliant and beautiful souls that exist but are imprisoned by circumstance. I was listening to a song by Frank Turner called Love, Ire & Song, and it woke my social and moral soul up. I am going to fight this and the system on behalf of myself and those people in society that are dangerously close to falling through the net of an already leaky and blinkered benefit system. We need a public voice, and I wondered if you could please lend your voice to our cause, obviously if you can we would be over the moon. Your work has always been an inspiration to me, and kept me going in times when I've felt it impossible to carry on. I want to be that inspiration for others and take this fight to the people that think they can walk over the most vulnerable in society. Governments have sent out a message for decades that disabled and severely ill people are a drain on society, just by making people jump through hoops to acquire any financial support at all, now it seems the current government are readying to pull the rug out from everyone, I for one cannot stand silently by and let that happen. This should be of concern to EVERYONE in the UK, as if your struck down by the unknown tomorrow, you'll be in the same position,

I would be forever indebted to you if you could lend your voice and standing to what is an incredibly important message. The Welfare state exists to support the most vulnerable in society, not to punish them, and make them feel divorced from society,

Thank you for your time Stephen, I look forward to hearing from you, please, think about this, your voice would reach a demographic that is so important to this message!

all the best,
James Ventham