Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

panda

Posted Mon Mar 26th, 2007 3:02pm Post subject: Optimum Nutrition for the Mind
Hi all

As some of you may have noticed, one of the things i find helpful in managing my bipolar is through nutrition, particularly nutritional supplements (good brands only) and particularly as recommended by Patrick Holford who writes a lot on mental health. I just received an email newsletter from him today (via email address at the end), so thought I would post here in case anyone is interested....

KITCHEN CURE FOR THE BLUES AND MEMORY LOSS

An estimated one in ten people in Britain use prescription medication - anti-depressants, sleeping pills, tranquillisers and stimulants - to lift their mood, reduce anxiety or get a good night's sleep.

In my new book New Optimum Nutrition for the Mind I explain how "nutritional solutions to depression and many other mental health problems already exist that are, in many cases more effective, safer and cheaper than prescription medication."

In May I will also be giving a series of seminars presenting the solutions. These seminars will comprise of four separate sections, which can be attended on a selective basis, depending on specific areas of interest:

London - 17th May, 2007

Birmingham - 18th May, 2007

Manchester - 19th May, 2007

Leeds - 20th May, 2007

Seminar 1 - Kid Life Crisis (1.30pm - 3 pm)
Seminar 2 - Schizophrenia can be cured (3.30pm - 5 pm)
Seminar 3 - Beat Fatigue, Anxiety and Depression (6pm - 7.30 pm)
Seminar 4 - Prevent and Reverse Memory Decline (8pm - 9.30 pm)

My new revised and updated, New Optimum Nutrition for the Mind reveals really what good nutrition can do for the mind and shows how what you eat does affect your brain function and can transform how you think and feel. Some years ago I helped design the first trial in Britain that proved that multivitamins can boost IQ, and believe it is now time for a total revolution in the treatment and prevention of mental health problems .If these approaches are taken up by the NHS it will save a fortune, but most of all, it will reduce the suffering of millions.

At the seminars I will focus on precisely what works best for beating mental health problems, and strongly recommend them to sufferers, or those who have family or friends who suffer from depression, schizophrenia, fatigue, memory decline, or simply want to ensure that their children are healthy, happy and smart. I will explain how anyone can maximise their memory, mood and mental health at any age with the combination of five key diet factors, plus specific supplements, which vary depending on your age and current mental health. The 'New Optimum Nutrition for the Mind' seminars will include:

- Describe breakthrough discoveries on how specific essential fats, vitamins and minerals can improve depression and anxiety

- Discuss the effects of stress, alcohol and exercise on mental health

- Give details of new discoveries in the treatment of schizophrenia

- Provide concrete and well-researched guidance for those with mental health difficulties

The drugs used today for the treatment of schizophrenia are nothing more than chemical straight-jackets. They don't cure anything. Today's anti-depressants have been clearly shown to more than double suicide risk. Ritalin increases risk for substance abuse in later life and is no cure for ADHD. We have more than enough evidence to show that these specific nutritional strategies are a safer and more effective alternative. Yet few doctors even know about these breakthroughs. Why? Because there's no money in it and no drug reps knocking on their door trying to sell oats or B vitamins. It is vital we use every means to let doctors and sufferers know about the nutritional approach.

Patrick Holford's Top Diet Tips for Mind and Mood:

. Eat oily fish three times a week
. Have two servings of greens a day
. Have one serving of berries a day
. Eat a low 'glycemic load' diet, with no sugar and plenty of oats
. Limit coffee to no more than one a day

Wishing you the best of health,

info@patrickholford.com

panda

Posted Sun Apr 1st, 2007 7:02pm Post subject: Optimum Nutrition for the Mind
Went to a talk by Patrick Holford yesterday. Was brilliant. The new diet is the Glycemic Load (GL) diet. It helps to keep your blood sugar very even. Now all I need is Patrick Holford to come and cook the food for me everyday so i don't have to think about it. ho hum....

Dennis21

Posted Thu May 28th, 2009 9:31am Post subject: Optimum Nutrition for the Mind
plz Update info iam waiting

panda

Posted Mon Jun 1st, 2009 6:57pm Post subject: Optimum Nutrition for the Mind
hi dennis
what kind of update do you want?

Maxx England

Posted Mon Jun 1st, 2009 7:06pm Post subject: Optimum Nutrition for the Mind
Perhaps his motherboard's clapped?

Seriously, are there any more tours/talks going on or going to happen etc?

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

panda

Posted Wed Jun 3rd, 2009 12:13pm Post subject: Optimum Nutrition for the Mind
I'm sure there are, but none that i know about at the moment. You could try looking on Patrick Holford's website or emailing info@patrickholford.com for more information. Let me know if you hear of any.

maridonax

Posted Thu Jul 16th, 2009 9:25am Post subject: Optimum Nutrition for the Mind
What courses do I have to take for a nutrition degree? I'm currently a human biology/pharmacy major and was thinking about switching to a nutrition major.
What courses do I have to take for a nutrition major?