Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Celtia

Posted Mon Mar 16th, 2009 3:00pm Post subject: Oregon
I was so happy to see a tiny bit of Oregon in the visit to America. I wish there would have been more. I hope Stephen enjoyed it there. It's such a beautiful state. Sadly, I have been away from it for 13 years, living in the UK.
Any other Oregonians aboard?

ex-scapegoat

Posted Fri Mar 20th, 2009 3:41pm Post subject: Oregon
I was so happy to see a tiny bit of Oregon in the visit to America. I wish there would have been more. I hope Stephen enjoyed it there. It's such a beautiful state. Sadly, I have been away from it for 13 years, living in the UK.
Any other Oregonians aboard?

I only spent one night in Oregon on route to California sadly, due to problems with bookings. It seemed to be a wonderful state. Where would you recommend?

Orizaga

Posted Fri Aug 5th, 2011 6:52am Post subject: Oregon

I just finished the series and was deeply saddened to see that once again, Oregon is portrayed as one giant forest. I was even more galled to see that Seattle, which was cool in 1995, was given the full treatment as the Pacific Northwest's best city, while Portland, which is cool now, was completely ignored. Yes, Portland is smaller than Seattle in terms of population, and is much like Seattle, with the exception that people in Portland are actually nice. Portland is also the mecca of homeless youth, one of the most LGBT-friendly cities in America, a hub (like San Francisco) for Chinese and Japanese immigrants, and the center of the Northwest's burgeoning foodie revolution. We have the Saturday Market, which is less smelly and depressing than Seattle's Pike Place Market, too.
In addition to Portland, there are many other interesting places in Oregon. Western and Eastern Oregon are completely different- but I noticed that everything east of the Cascades was ignored, too. It's frustrating that media shows only one facet of Oregon.