Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Tue Sep 10th, 2013 3:14am Post subject: Out In The Woods

I haven't been around the forum for a while. If you're reading this and know that, well, "Hello". If not, that's cool too.

I am more than a little surprised that so much of the forum has seemingly hit the shitter, and I mean that only in the sense that there seems to be a real spam-cancer going on here. That sucks. I'm really surprised by it. I never thought of this site as being a junk magnet. The neon wilderness gets rough, huh?

Right now, I'm really bummed. So what? Big deal! I know, I know. But I'm just attempting a reasonable level of transparency, one I can handle. The last year I've been moving around and have spelunked into one vicinity for a little while. Real estate, blah blah...prior to the move, which came fairly suddenly to be honest as it could even be called 'flight', I had had enough of my submersion in an environment I hope to never see again. I wanted to get 'in', in order to write about some things and good lord...well, every pleasure has its price...but it was more price this time than pleasure...and what I discovered is unbearably ugly.

I hope to write about it but still don't have the distance I need. For now, I just wanted to explain, in my usual jagged way, my absence and that I hope to hear some of the folks I was used to seeing around here are still here and I hope they are doing very well. But trying to find you now, in pages and pages and pages now of SPAM, is very difficult. It's a very odd to feel like I've lost something that, technically, I never really had. I do think there was a friendly familiarity, and I recall it as being worthwhile and enjoyable. I hope it still exists. I was hoping to see it all ticking along as it had been before I was carried away by my meat life.

I will check back. If you see this signal flare, just drop a word on this thread, would ya? Anything. Anything at all because I seriously cannot believe right now that this site, Mr.Fry's site, would be obliterated by digital shitpimps.

Really? Wow.

Boog

Posted Thu Sep 12th, 2013 4:36pm Post subject: Out In The Woods

Yeah Nitro... it's a wee fuck-up at the moment. Almost looks like there's some dumb prick out there "on a mission from God."

"Murphy was an optimist."

Ambrosia

Posted Fri Sep 13th, 2013 8:03pm Post subject: Out In The Woods

I'm a bit fucked off about what's happened to this forum and the fact that the moderators seem to have given up trying to get rid of the kitchen spam. It's all rather depressing.

Boog

Posted Sat Sep 14th, 2013 12:15am Post subject: Out In The Woods

Who knows. Could be some idiot who hates gays or atheists, or people who read Harry Potter. What is surprising to me is how long this seems to be taking, but it's been a long while since I coded for the web, so it might be a lot more complicated than it would seem. In any case it doesn't mean we can't continue to post our stuff and bullshit.

Here's one I did with a pipe band. Slide guitar was made for Celtic aires. Doing this with an actual pipe band is on the bucket list... the fantasy part is doing it at the Edinburgh Tattoo... me, a BIG stack of Marshalls, and my Gibson SG at one end, and a big arsed Scottish Pipe Band at the other guarding the gates... dueling Celtic! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPNm2xecmg

"Murphy was an optimist."