Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

boffinbabe12

Posted Sun Feb 25th, 2007 7:46pm Post subject: Out of Date Phrases
Well, me_actually if you are an online news reader that means one of two things:
A) You are a digital native, as long as you absorb the meaningful news from the internet then you are just a modern human, in which case I have no problem, although you don't get good crosswords on the internet.
B) You only ever read news articles that appear on MSN today or yahoo as you are signing in to read your emails in which case, the only news you read and care about is how much the nation hates Jade Goody- in which case.. BAD. But you claim that you are not ignorant therefore I am assuming that you are A).

For a while, when I had just been introduced into lol, soz, brb, bbz, sxc, nm, lmao, wubu2, howz u, u btch, I began to find myself saying lol and soz occasionally, but since then I have refrained from using them on MSN so I have saved myself from the cruel fate of chav. However, thanks to quotationspage.com I have a wider vocabulary and better knowledge of quotes and that techically came from the internet.....

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Feb 25th, 2007 9:50pm Post subject: Out of Date Phrases
A for me. I hate papers and sites that call celebrity gossip and the latest diet fads news. Why do people read that stuff? That's all most people that I see reading papers seem to be interested in. They're always reading pages about Britney Spears and Big Brother. *yawn* Whatever happened to reading about stuff that matters?

Assuming direct control...

meekychuppet

Posted Sun Feb 25th, 2007 10:10pm Post subject: Out of Date Phrases
A for me. I hate papers and sites that call celebrity gossip and the latest diet fads news. Why do people read that stuff? That's all most people that I see reading papers seem to be interested in. They're always reading pages about Britney Spears and Big Brother. *yawn* Whatever happened to reading about stuff that matters?

I think you mean "Why do women read that stuff?!.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Feb 25th, 2007 11:20pm Post subject: Out of Date Phrases

Nope. Men seem just as obsessed with that crap. I see just as many men reading the rags including the celebrity gossip as women.

meekychuppet

Posted Sun Feb 25th, 2007 11:26pm Post subject: Out of Date Phrases

Nope. Men seem just as obsessed with that crap. I see just as many men reading the rags including the celebrity gossip as women.

No you haven't

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Feb 25th, 2007 11:38pm Post subject: Out of Date Phrases

No you haven't

Yes I have. Just because your own observations may be different to my own doesn't make mine any less true. I say what I see.

trouser material

Posted Mon Feb 26th, 2007 12:37am Post subject: Out of Date Phrases
Women's magazines are for nutters. Women clearly love the insane topics in these rags more than men. Mens magazines are full of scantily clad slappers talking about being sluts. Women's magazines are full of terror tales about beating husbands, 'fat' celebrities, and why cheating in a marriage is essential in this day and age (particularly midlife crisis menopausal cheatings).

Headline Example A (from an unspecified womens weekly magazine):

"Bacon killed my baby"

Say no more.

ClareBear

Posted Mon Feb 26th, 2007 12:41am Post subject: Out of Date Phrases
Woman's Own, Bella and others of their ilk rot your brains. Fact.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Feb 26th, 2007 9:54am Post subject: Out of Date Phrases
Women's magazines are for nutters. Women clearly love the insane topics in these rags more than men. Mens magazines are full of scantily clad slappers talking about being sluts. Women's magazines are full of terror tales about beating husbands, 'fat' celebrities, and why cheating in a marriage is essential in this day and age (particularly midlife crisis menopausal cheatings).

Headline Example A (from an unspecified womens weekly magazine):

"Bacon killed my baby"

Say no more.

I was talking about newspapers not women's magazines. I have seen some men read women's magazines (and aren't afraid to admit it either) but mostly women. However I have noticed a lot of men reading celeb gossip pages in newspapers on buses, in university and in one place I used to work (where there were fuck all women, just men wandering around leaving magazines open on pages talking about Big Brother).

Agreed. Women's and girls magazines are rubbish. Men's magazines full of scantily clad women are not really any better. I'd rather read something like Fortean Times or a sci-fi or anime mag if I have to read a magazine at all which is very very very rare. I'd rather read a book, a manga or a comic.

meekychuppet

Posted Mon Feb 26th, 2007 10:38am Post subject: Out of Date Phrases

No you haven't

Yes I have. Just because your own observations may be different to my own doesn't make mine any less true. I say what I see.

No you haven't.

ClareBear

Posted Mon Feb 26th, 2007 11:09am Post subject: Out of Date Phrases

Agreed. Women's and girls magazines are rubbish. Men's magazines full of scantily clad women are not really any better. I'd rather read something like Fortean Times or a sci-fi or anime mag if I have to read a magazine at all which is very very very rare. I'd rather read a book, a manga or a comic.

I don't know....Bizarre's quite amusing sometimes... (the magazine, not the Sun's celeb gossip section)

trouser material

Posted Mon Feb 26th, 2007 11:48am Post subject: Out of Date Phrases
National Geographic is where its at. My March issue plopped on my doorstep only moments ago.

Love it.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Feb 26th, 2007 11:49am Post subject: Out of Date Phrases

No you haven't

No you haven't.

*rolls eyes*

I don't know....Bizarre's quite amusing sometimes... (the magazine, not the Sun's celeb gossip section)

Bizarre can be amusing but I wouldn't buy it. I think magazines are expensive for what they are anyway.

trouser material

Posted Mon Feb 26th, 2007 11:54am Post subject: Out of Date Phrases
Bizarre is quite interesting sometimes, but for the price, what you get is a couple of borderline dodgy/interesting stories and a lot of shite.

On the plus side though, its not just plastic tits and football.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Feb 26th, 2007 12:00pm Post subject: Out of Date Phrases
Bizarre is quite interesting sometimes, but for the price, what you get is a couple of borderline dodgy/interesting stories and a lot of shite.

And half the time you can probably find the stories and pictures on the internet somewhere if you looked hard enough.