Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Oct 27th, 2007 3:25pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
When are we going to discuss the next article Sidney Gross? I really want to discuss more articles but this thread feels like it's been forgotten.

Sidney Gross is a tour operator for Sad People's Holidays and talks about the kind of people who go on their holidays - people who hold an IQ between 18 and 30, who are sad and desperate for a shag (anyone else automcatically think of Richie and Eddie wanting to DOOOOOO it! when they read his article?), people who see other people doing glamourous things on holiday but they'll never do it themselves, just watch.

Assuming direct control...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Nov 3rd, 2007 9:16am Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
Sorry, did not know where else to post this :-//

A reply from BBC Radio Collection regarding Loose Ends (I enquired whether the Trefusis episodes were available on ANY medium: audiocassette, CD, download...)

With regard to Stephen Fry's contributions to Loose Ends, there are no plans by BBC Audiobooks to release it as a CD. Random House have published two volumes of an audio version of Paperweight, a selection of Fry's articles from newspapers and the radio including Loose Ends.

Well, Mr Steed :'( :'(

Do you (or anyone else) by any chance know whether Paperweight includes ALL of the DT episodes ever aired??

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 5:27pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
anyone else automcatically think of Richie and Eddie wanting to DOOOOOO it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W_nj8zE9Xq4

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Nov 10th, 2007 9:10pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
Awww siwwy Richie! ^_^

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Nov 11th, 2007 10:28am Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
So what do we think of 18-30 holidays? Ever been on one? Ever seen those types?

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Nov 11th, 2007 6:14pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
Nope, sorry, never done the "tour" thing, and we tend to avoid places which cater to the "desperate alcoholic, and lecher" set. Also, there's that whole IQ thing you know?

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Nov 11th, 2007 6:18pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
Which places in America would qualify?

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Nov 11th, 2007 6:25pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
The "Club Med" thing is here too,and all those other copycat sort of tour companies. You know, for singles, seniors, couples, etc...

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Nov 12th, 2007 3:11pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
I've never been on any 18-30 holiday or anything like that before. When I go on holiday I zone in on all the historical sites. No sunbathing on beaches for me.

TobiasMonk

Posted Mon Nov 12th, 2007 5:26pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
I'm not familiar with any. In America, to see America, people don't use tour companies. Mostly we just get in our cars and go, or fly. We're a nation of "road trippers". Some people here use tour companies to visit outside the US. Some go to their travel agents, and if you're like me, you make your own arrangements and wing the rest.

Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Nov 12th, 2007 6:38pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
I'm not familiar with any. In America, to see America, people don't use tour companies. Mostly we just get in our cars and go, or fly. We're a nation of "road trippers". Some people here use tour companies to visit outside the US. Some go to their travel agents, and if you're like me, you make your own arrangements and wing the rest.

what few tour companies i see bringing busses to seattle are for seniors.

only things i've seen for younger people are to go to islands and foriegn places, especially cruises. ugh.

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Dec 11th, 2007 3:29am Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
O.K., what's happening with this thread

Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Dec 11th, 2007 7:24am Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
I'm rather busy. Would anyone like to take over? It's just a case of introducig each article briefly for the uninitiated.

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Dec 11th, 2007 11:15pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
No no, we'll wait. I was just checking to see if this thread still had a pulse. No pressure!

Walt Whitman

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Dec 12th, 2007 6:36pm Post subject: Paperweight-a-week
So what do we think of 18-30 holidays? Ever been on one? Ever seen those types?

Going back to this has anyone seen The Comic Strip Presents Funseekers? It's based on an 18-30 holiday. Looked awful. If that's what 18-30 holidays are like then they're not my cup of tea. :S