Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Sep 9th, 2011 10:08pm Post subject: Perplexing Questions

A thread for those confusing conundrums that hit us everyday.

Is it wrong that I have a slight crush on Miranda Hart?

Why do my favourite pens always disappear?

What do you buy a diabetic/teetotal dinner host?

That would be me.

joan

Posted Sat Sep 10th, 2011 4:00am Post subject: Perplexing Questions

(1) No
(2) They are stolen by the same klepto-aliens that steal every odd sock and your favourite knickers from the wash.
(3) A bottle of your own favourite drink, knowing you'll have to polish it off yourself. I suppose you could throw in a bottle of plain soda water...

My own confusing conundrum is: when you just want to scream and run, why is it that there is nowhere to run to, and no-one who cares one way or the other to hear you scream?

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Sep 10th, 2011 10:01am Post subject: Perplexing Questions

Perhaps the thing to do is maintain an emergency bolt hole (be it shed, hill top or middle of town!). And there are people who care, believe me!

Where have all the spiders come from in my house?

That would be me.

schildpad

Posted Sat Sep 10th, 2011 3:48pm Post subject: Perplexing Questions

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/269661/Crawlin.....arm-spring

If you live in the UK it seems everyone is having the same bumper crop of house spiders this year, although it isn't that there are actually more of them, just that you see them more often as they come inside. I really hope you don't squish them like some people do. If it wasn't for spiders, we'd be up to our armpits in really problematic crawlies. I always leave mine alone unless I find them someplace truly undesirable and then I usher them outside.

My question is - what sense does it make as a governor to realize you're in the middle of a huge draught in an area prone to wildfires, to cut fire department services and then suggest praying for rain instead??? I just don't understand people sometimes, it's like I'm living in some kind of alternate universe...

I think you had better put the Indians on wheels so that you can run them about as you wish. Anon - Chief (1876)

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon Sep 12th, 2011 1:05pm Post subject: Perplexing Questions

I never squash the spiders. It would seem grossly unfair for me to kill something that I am scared of through no fault of its own. Instead I'll inch up with a large glass and piece of paper, and try not to squeal like a girl as I rush to a window and pop it outside from arms length. No doubt most of the critters rush back inside anyway but I'll feel better for a short while!

It makes no sense for a governor to do this. Except possibly that he can blame the people for not being righteous enough, rather than them blaming him/herself for worrying about taxes. It all sounds rather like the story of the man who refuses the lifeboat whilst drowning because he's praying to be saved. Some people don't know how to help themselves or others!

Why can we not see wind?

That would be me.

Stefi

Posted Mon Sep 12th, 2011 4:03pm Post subject: Perplexing Questions

Wind is the movement of something invisible (air). And where would Harry Potter be, if invisible things could be seen when they move?
We can still see the leaves(and, of course, other things) move, which is how we know it's there. But if you're sailing or windsurfing, it's more difficult than I thought to know where it comes from, bearing in mind that you can feel it on your body, after all. But that's Off Topic, I'm sorry.

Why do I hate doing things all other people in my age love to do in their free time?

We are talking of the idea of beauty, and the beauty of ideas.

@Giggi_1

Nitro

Posted Sun Sep 25th, 2011 3:10pm Post subject: Perplexing Questions

Because 'all' seems like a real number to you right now, when in reality it's not all that big and there are numbers outside of it that, once you see them, you'll instantly recognize and understand.

Why do I take a day off and fail to actually take off from what I need to?

Really? Wow.

gadgetgirl

Posted Fri Oct 14th, 2011 8:01pm Post subject: Perplexing Questions

Because taking a day off requires us to cut off from all the trains of thought currently running in our heads. To do that effectively is actually effing hard.

Why do people (lots of 'em - the herd) swing from left to right politics every few years?

That would be me.

michael

Posted Tue Oct 18th, 2011 6:22pm Post subject: Perplexing Questions

i really don't know, but here's a guess:
because in reality it is about the same number of people in each camp every year, but one or the other is better at getting media attention or sending out "shock troops" to move out ideas that are "way way way way more right" (or left) in order for us to think that just "way way right" is moderate, when really it is way way right.

why does my cat wait to poop until we have dinner?

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

marzgirl

Posted Tue Oct 18th, 2011 9:02pm Post subject: Perplexing Questions

Your cat waits to poop for you to have dinner because cat is mad at you for being gone all day. Cats hold grudges and are vendictive. Try moving the cat box. That will show her/him!!!!!!

Why have I not taken the shower I told myself I was going to take 3hours ago!!! Now I have 30min until I have to pick daughter up from school!!! TTFN

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Nitro

Posted Sun Oct 23rd, 2011 4:34am Post subject: Perplexing Questions

Because you may prefer doing things under pressure than giving yourself the time buffer you actually need. Also, you may be suffering from Procrastinationitis. Very serious disease. I recommend heavy doses of chocolate straight away!!

Howcome, when I am very tired, I sometimes fight to stay awake and not go to bed?

Really? Wow.

Ludovic

Posted Thu Oct 27th, 2011 6:32am Post subject: Perplexing Questions

gadgetgirl said:
Is it wrong that I have a slight crush on Miranda Hart?

I think it's "wrong" if you have no hope whatsoever of meeting her in real life.

michael

Posted Fri Oct 28th, 2011 3:16am Post subject: Perplexing Questions

marz- tell me about it. i had to be away from home for a week and she's spent all of tonight howling every ten seconds.

why did they make dr pepper ten? it tastes just like diet dr pepper...

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

Nitro

Posted Wed Dec 14th, 2011 7:46am Post subject: Perplexing Questions

dr.pepper ten?? hmm...i thought he was A LOT older than that!! btw, i'm not sure you should be 'tasting' him..it could impact the doctor/patient relationship in ways neither of you care for...

i can't seem to overcome the serious danger i pose to empty horizontal surfaces...

Really? Wow.

gadgetgirl

Posted Sat Dec 17th, 2011 6:43pm Post subject: Perplexing Questions

Space is a vacuum, therefore stuff gets sucked onto empty surfaces. You are merely following the laws of nature, and tidyness is unnatural.

Why are malfunctioning robots so fascinating and amusing?

That would be me.