Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

seasun545

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 10:18pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
I agree, John, Peter is Stephen but the hiv. I specially loooove the scenes when he has woke up and he´s walking alone in the foggy morning and watching through the window, thinking about hiv, I presume....I picture Stephen doing the same but thinking about BP....really really touching performance, just change hiv word for BP and....there he is. Ooooppss, too weird thought??
Anyway, he´s fantastic in Kingdom (funny, Peter too...), also looks very "Stephanesque" for me....I think he must be that kind of person, soft-going, always trying to make things right, always being kind and warm, and witty, so well-mannered, so smart. ...yes, definitely he knows how to choose his performances, doesn´t he?

I´m dying to see Wilde, can´t wait to buy it and see it a thousand times. I think Stephen is the 21st century Wilde. As I´ve read....born to be Wilde, indeed.

John, click this!!!, no way you miss it!!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGaEQbV_U6o

For those who had seen it: Kingdom first season only had seven episodes, right??

ClareBear

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 10:27pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
You're right.

seasun545

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 11:00pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
ow, so short then...but as we use to say here in Spain: when brief and good, double good (literal translation...). Longing to see second season....uf, it´s going to be toooo long till someone post it....damn!

Maniac

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 12:32am Post subject: Peter's Friends
I got the DVD but watched them all on the tele - not looked at the DVD, I don't think. lol

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 12:19pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Dramatically speaking, I'd say it could even be Stephen's finest hour. Then again I haven't seen Wilde or Kingdom.

What?! And you say you haven't seen Jeeves and Wooster either didn't you? Those are the best! You simply must see them!

For those who had seen it: Kingdom first season only had seven episodes, right??

Even shorter actually there's only six episodes in the first series.

Assuming direct control...

Maniac

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 3:47pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Watched the first episode last night on youtube.
It's so warm and cuddly, and fluffy and moist. lol
Looking forward to the next series.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 4:08pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Thank you, seasun!

seasun545

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 7:44pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
"I endeavour to give satisfaction, sir"
(Jeeves & Woster, priceless!... ;-))

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 7:45pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
It's been a busy day but I've been watching Kingdom on and off. I'm up to the 3rd part.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 7:59pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
It's been a busy day but I've been watching Kingdom on and off. I'm up to the 3rd part.

That's fast! I only recommened it to you this morning!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 8:00pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
That's the 3rd part of episode one, my dear.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 8:50pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Oh! Okey. Not so far then!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 8:52pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Finished episode 1 and liked it. However, I think I'll wait till I buy the DVD (which I certainly will) befire proceeding further.
See? Just because something's on YouTube doesn't mean you still won't make money from a paying consumer.

By the way, I think the pictures of Simon Kingdom look like Ianto from Torchwood. So that's what happened to him. Case solved.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Sep 1st, 2007 9:06pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Finished episode 1 and liked it. However, I think I'll wait till I buy the DVD (which I certainly will) befire proceeding further.
See? Just because something's on YouTube doesn't mean you still won't make money from a paying consumer.

Yeah. Try before you buy. That's what I say. That's what I do when I download stuff. I just want to see if I like it before I pay stupid money for something.

By the way, I think the pictures of Simon Kingdom look like Ianto from Torchwood. So that's what happened to him. Case solved.

Ahh Torchwood got him! It all makes sense now. Brilliant now we can have Kingdom/Torchwood crossovers. All right! Giggety giggety!

seasun545

Posted Sun Sep 2nd, 2007 10:17am Post subject: Peter's Friends
This is a bit coming out of the thread, but, anyway...talking about films too....
Nothing better to spend a lonely Saturday night at home than watching a film you like...so my cat and me were last night watching "Dead poets society". I chose it cause I´ve just read "Moab...." and I remembered the school atmosphere and the poetry...so looked like a good choice...long ago I had seen it...
Then I realized: the main role, played by such a young Robert Sean Leonard (jeezzz...now in House, what a change!), I thought: wouldn´t it have been a wonderful role for a young Stephen Fry....that scene in the indian cave, smoking pipes, the poetry....oh, I was just picturing him so clearly....
Sorry, I think I have Fryitis...and no treatment for that!!!.. :-// (what the hell, I don´t want a cure!!!! )

Any other role in any other film you would have loved to see Stephen playing?