Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

shatzi

Posted Mon Sep 3rd, 2007 3:51am Post subject: Peter's Friends
Loved Peter's Friends. I watch it during the holiday season. Very emotional for me.
Someone here hasn't seen Jeeves & Wooster? SHAME! It's a cute program. If nothing else, that theme tune will stick with you for days!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Sep 4th, 2007 7:30pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Someone here hasn't seen Jeeves & Wooster? SHAME! It's a cute program. If nothing else, that theme tune will stick with you for days!

Twue fax.

Assuming direct control...

Zusi

Posted Fri Sep 7th, 2007 12:14pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Peter's Friends was the first film my husband and I ever went to see together at the cinema.

Mulberry

Posted Thu Oct 4th, 2007 11:20am Post subject: Peter's Friends
Oh I love Peter's Friends. Every character and actor is wonderful, and the way that Hugh and Imelda play Roger and Mary is heartbreaking. The music is great too!

Stephen holds it all together at the centre. Moving, funny and wonderful....

M

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Dec 13th, 2007 1:50pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
How many threads can one film have?

ClareBear

Posted Thu Dec 13th, 2007 11:17pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Ach, don't sweat it.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Dec 14th, 2007 8:51am Post subject: Peter's Friends
OK, Control. Would you like some coffee?

mickeba

Posted Sat Dec 15th, 2007 6:47am Post subject: Peter's Friends
Mickeba thought it truly a great film. It was a real life changer for me, really the crowning touch in many ways for my outlook on life. I saw it in the 90's of course, and associate the film with a period in time where I was seeing life differently, and becoming a person i really liked. Peters Friends was a stepping stone on that path. I've not been able to find it on DVD, and not really sure why. I worked at Hollywood Video around this time, and would recommend it to customers, and I must say everyone who watched it liked it, and that's no exaggeration. Perfect record, Peters Friends had.

mickeba

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Dec 15th, 2007 5:53pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
Back in the summer I saw copies of this vhs in just about every charity shop.

Assuming direct control...

mickeba

Posted Mon Dec 17th, 2007 1:14am Post subject: Peter's Friends
what's a charity shop? a bargain store?

mickeba

ClareBear

Posted Mon Dec 17th, 2007 7:10am Post subject: Peter's Friends
I think you lot over there call them thrift stores.

kalozpepi

Posted Mon Mar 3rd, 2008 10:44am Post subject: Peter's Friends
Oh this is my favourite film. It touched me when "we met" first, and I fall in love with this movie immediately. :-//
Maybe it isn't the most momentous role in Mr. Fry's life, but for me HE and the others created the perfection.
X-D

notinthevaginabuisness

Posted Fri Mar 7th, 2008 2:21pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
this film is one of the greatest films ever made in my opinion, but then again i am helplessly in love with Hugh Laurie so anything with him in is great. i however don't particularly like Tony Slatery, i'm sure hes a nice person, i just don't like him as an actor. peters friends is such a lovely film and it always brings tears to my eyes. i felt i had to pay tribute. oh and that person who hasn't seen jeeves and wooster is really missing out, i actually have an alarm clock that sounds like stephen fry as jeeves (http://www.voco.uk.com/) i now wake up every morning with a smile even if its half six. well i went on a bit there and sounded waaaay too soppy but im not really if you stuck in this long thanx for your patience and if not then i dont blame you (even though you obviously won't be reading) im going to leave now before i make a bigger fool of myself. not-in-the-vagina-buisness

CollectorManiac

Posted Sat Mar 29th, 2008 8:10pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
awh this film is amaaaazing, always makes me choked and happy =]
and the scene with rog and mary on the bed always makes me cry lol
but it's a gorgeous film, I stupidly watched it with my dad and brother the first time I saw it and they just gave it stick, I got a teeny bit annoyed at them haha
but it's fantastic, I watch it as often as possible, along with a fish called wanda =]

Panja

Posted Sat Mar 29th, 2008 9:09pm Post subject: Peter's Friends
I just watched Peter's Friends for the first time the other day. What a great movie! I wasn't expecting the ending though, I got really upset when Peter was telling all his friends that he had HIV, I just really wasn't expecting that. It was such a well done movie though, everybody did such a good job!