Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

LADY HUTCHINSON

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 2:16pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
Does anyone know if Stephen has a pet? How about his pal Hugh L.? What about the rest of you?

AxmxZ

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 4:52pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
I've been petless since going away to college, unfortunately. Before that, I lived at a boarding school, but there was a cat at home with mom when I lived there in the summer... I really want a kitten, but I live on 34th floor and we don't have protective netting around the windows to keep it from taking a plunge.

ratoutofhell

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 5:17pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
We have rats - 4 at the moment, but they are getting on, and 3 of them are almost immobile due to inoperable tumours . The fourth is still quite bouncy, so this weekend we are getting 2 youngsters for her to play with so she won't be lonely when the others go.

They're lovely animals, but they have such short lives

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

LADY HUTCHINSON

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 5:22pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
Rats are nice. In my youth I played with mice, gerbils, and hamsters. I never really held a rat, but I figure they are similar to mice, just heavier and larger.

boffinbabe12

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 5:27pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
I wouldn't imagine Stephen having pets, because they are too closely linked to nature...
I could imagine him having a paddock with donkeys or something, but never actually using them himself.

I reckon Hugh would have a dog called Jeeves.... or Henry....

I have no evidence to support any of this.

ratoutofhell

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 5:30pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
Rats are nice. In my youth I played with mice, gerbils, and hamsters. I never really held a rat, but I figure they are similar to mice, just heavier and larger.

Pretty much. They are generally smarter and more sociable, too. They like human company, and seem to feel affection (though obviously you can read too much into their behaviour) for their owners. Certainly I've had several who would come and find me when they wanted comforting or reassuring.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

AxmxZ

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 5:37pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?

I could imagine him having a paddock with donkeys or something, but never actually using them himself.

*wonders briefly to what use Stephen could possibly put a paddock of donkeys*

My brain will need bleach now, thank you , boffinbabe12...

LADY HUTCHINSON

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 5:43pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
well he could use it and them when he needs to tell someone to "kiss my a#!, and here are some that are convenient!" Just a thought anyway.

LADY HUTCHINSON

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 5:46pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
Hey AxmxZ - why would you have a window open on the 30 floor anyway? Cats are not totally silly enough to jump out, they may fall if they leap to catch a bird or bug as it flies by.

AxmxZ

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 5:59pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
Hey AxmxZ - why would you have a window open on the 30 floor anyway? Cats are not totally silly enough to jump out, they may fall if they leap to catch a bird or bug as it flies by.

Why do people usually open windows? For fresh air, of course... And the kitty jumping out after a bird is entirely a possibility - birds nest on the side of the building, rather close to our bedroom windows. In the spring, they zoom past like little rockets.

LADY HUTCHINSON

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 6:39pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
I take it "the netting" you speak of is a window screen?

AxmxZ

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 10:49pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
I take it "the netting" you speak of is a window screen?

Exactly.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 11:11pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
Can you imagine Stephen playing with Knut the Polar Baby Bear? Their combined cuteness would make the world sparkle.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

JVONEARTH

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 11:31pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
Ferret

Nadia

Posted Tue Apr 17th, 2007 11:41pm Post subject: Pets - Do you have one and what kind?
I have my cutest furry babe - white kitty. He is 11 y.o. now. I call
him "Mini Me" sometimes because he is weirdo just like me..
I remember I was dreaming about having white male cat
named "Marquis" all my childhood - and finally I've met
my boy.. He is my soulmate, I'm pretty sure ))))