Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 2:23pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Hello you all, first a warning as this is my first attempt to post pictures.

At present there are 'Music Days' in Hamburg and yesterday we went to the city centre to listen to the various groups and bands which came along. Weather was really nice despite the wind and so here some pictures for you from my town:

Alster Arcades

Alster boat at the pier 'Jungfernstieg). On the lake the spout

The Town Hall seen from the end of the main shopping street 'Mönckebergstraße'

One of the small music group on the Mönckebergstraße

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 3:34pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
How lovely, ladyfromhamburg!
Thanks for sharing them with us - and I trust you had a fabulous time there!

Midsomerlover

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 4:16pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
This is where I live :

The market with the famous Belfry tower:

Belfry seen from a different angle but the most beautiful (and most painted) one:

One of my favorite places in the whole city; the Béguinage:

And the Minnewater or the 'Love Lake':

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Soph

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 5:33pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Love Lake is lovely, looks like a place I'd love to walk through. : ]

Photobucket

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 5:59pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
LadyfromHamburg and Love_Kingdom, you both have very beautiful towns. I really enjoyed seeing those pictures. What a great idea for a thread, and thanks for sharing those.

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 5:59pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
wow, those series of photos make my day to day life seem somewhat ugly! for some reason I have this idea in my head that taking pictures the most cumbersome task ever, but maybe I'll go try to find some nice scenes.

sockdolager.

Midsomerlover

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 6:07pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
And BTW I may have mentioned this before but it is rumored that Stephen fled to my city in 1995 during his nervous breakdown. Wonder if it's really true.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Nitro

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 8:00pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Love these recent pictures. very pretty!

Really? Wow.

PamJH

Posted Sun Jun 14th, 2009 10:05pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
love_kingdom and ladyfromhamburg, I very much enjoyed your photographs. Just beautiful. Inspires me to take some photos.

Laur1991

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 10:33am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Great looking pictures! =)

MarthaPants

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 2:03pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
These are some pictures of Mdina, one of the oldest towns in Malta.
What better occassion to take loads of photos than during a Medieval Fest.

The Cathedral. (Part of it, anyway)

A re-enactment of the slave market.

Help

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 4:31pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
This is a postcard from 1910 showing the views of Whitley Bay:

To be fair it looks exactly the same now!

Table Rocks.

The Lighthouse, St Mary's Island

The Sands.

The Haven, Cullercoats.

exoskeleton

Posted Mon Jun 15th, 2009 4:58pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
wow, both MarthaPants and Help, those are beautiful places! the reinactment looks great located among those buildings, and the coast is so perfect.
I love this! I need to get an offering together soon.

sockdolager.

Nitro

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 3:13am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Any pics of where I live would look so incredibly boring compared to these.

It would be trees, trees, a pond, more trees X-D

Really? Wow.

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 3:50am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Any pics of where I live would look so incredibly boring compared to these.

It would be trees, trees, a pond, more trees X-D

That's what mine look like lol.

Our place
Photobucket
"Frito"
Photobucket

In town
Photobucket
Photobucket

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman