Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 4:14am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
MarthaPants what a charming old town. Help, your area is beautiful! TobyMonk, I love trees and ponds, and Frito. I would love to live in an area like that.

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 5:48am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Thanks Ginj!

Ladyfromhamburg, Love_Kingdom and Marthapants, y'all have Medieval and Baroque architecture FTW!!!

Hey Help, do you surf?

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Laur1991

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 8:33am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Finally got a good enough day to take some pictures! This is where I live 4 months of the year. It's nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city (that is, until you get overly bored.)

A general view of the town.

Our one and only McDonald's.

(This is not the window of my house.)

And we'll finish it off with a classic fishing boat/sunset photo.

Help

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 10:30am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)

Hey Help, do you surf?
X-D No I don't. I tend to use the beach for dog walking purposes, but you're not allowed to walk dogs there during the summer months because it gets so busy!
I've tried to surf a few times but the water is unbearably cold and I was no good
People come from all over the world to go to the Haven in Cullercoats which is just round the corner, it apparantly get's rather large waves!

Toby your place looks beautiful, as does the horse.
Laur1991, what's the name of the place you live? It looks lovely!

Midsomerlover

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 10:32am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Thanks Ginj!

Ladyfromhamburg, Love_Kingdom and Marthapants, y'all have Medieval and Baroque architecture FTW!!!

Yes! Some tourists even think my city is an attraction. Because they can't believe it has been preserved so well and for so long.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Midsomerlover

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 10:35am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Help & MarthaPants - wonderful places! Beautiful.

Tobias_Monk - your city/village is exactly how I imagine them when I think of America Very beautiful too.

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

Laur1991

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 9:11pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)

Laur1991, what's the name of the place you live? It looks lovely!
Prince Rupert. It's just a small fishing town. (But we need the tourists, so feel free to visit if you're around!)
Unfortunately, I'm back in Vancouver at the moment, and probably will be for a while.

Antonia

Posted Tue Jun 16th, 2009 11:52pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
I always thought "I must show my parents what breathtaking views Japan has!" when I went there but now that I see all these stunning photos from where you live it seems to me all places in the world just have entrancing beauty. So let me add the beauty of Koblenz, Germany:

exoskeleton

Posted Wed Jun 17th, 2009 3:41am Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)
Tobias_Monk - your city/village is exactly how I imagine them when I think of America Very beautiful too.

it's exactly how I imagine what pretty-looking America would look like! X-D I love where I live, don't get me wrong, but it's not that classy in terms of architecture.

sockdolager.

dragonfly

Posted Sun Jun 21st, 2009 1:07pm Post subject: Pictures from where you live (dial-uppers beware)

The view from the top of my street. (sighs)

The view coming back from town:

Incidently, check out http://www.diggingintheburrow.com for more photos.

Edit: Thinking about it, these are the same fields, just from different ends/times of year. The road I was on for the second picture is the one running along from the left (where the house is) on the top one.