Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2007 1:08am Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
banjo, my aunt lives in Seattle...well, Bainbridge Island to be precise, but she works in Seattle proper. Maybe one of these days I'll make it out there and I'll come to the market. Unlike me, my aunt is a real lawyer!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2007 4:01am Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
bainbridge is close... just a ferry ride to downtown.

you'll be a real lawyer soon. and in the future, it won't seem like a big thing that you had to wait.

that's my prediction, anyway.

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2007 1:25pm Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
you'll be a real lawyer soon. and in the future, it won't seem like a big thing that you had to wait.

I'm sure you're right banjo, that's what my friends and family told me too.

But I'll tell you what would make the waiting easier: if Stephen would just finish in New England and hightail it down to Georgia!

I bet he won't come to Atlanta, though. He'll probably want to see the "real" Georgia, the Georgia of depopulated cotton towns and Civil War historical markers.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Oct 29th, 2007 10:18pm Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
i've a feeling he'll bypass seattle for same reasons.

though i don't know what "the real" washington is... not being from here...

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 8:57am Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!

I'm sure you're right banjo, that's what my friends and family told me too.

But I'll tell you what would make the waiting easier: if Stephen would just finish in New England and hightail it down to Georgia!

I bet he won't come to Atlanta, though. He'll probably want to see the "real" Georgia, the Georgia of depopulated cotton towns and Civil War historical markers.

You mean like Savannah? No idea about Texas, it's sooo damn big.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 12:56pm Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
I want to see Stephen ride a mechanical bull

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 2:03pm Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!

You mean like Savannah? No idea about Texas, it's sooo damn big.

Funny you should mention Savannah, as it's my hometown. As beautiful as Savannah is, I suspect some would not count it as the "real" Georgia anymore, with its booming tourist business and thriving arts community. Too modern!

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 3:55pm Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
I want to see Stephen ride a mechanical bull

Hmmm, (twirls fake moustache).....now that could very easily be arranged.
Grabs keys, runs out door.
Runs back indoors, puts baby down,
Runs back out again.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 5:31pm Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
oh, i thought you said

I want to see Stephen BE a mechanical bull

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Oct 30th, 2007 6:11pm Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
oh, i thought you said

I want to see Stephen BE a mechanical bull

That'd be the best eight seconds of my life.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

OscarShaw

Posted Wed Nov 7th, 2007 11:22pm Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
Might I humbly suggest Mr. Fry consider a voyage to the sleepy town of Lititz in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

Having lived here since my birth twenty five years ago, I can say that there are few places left in the country that can define historic small town America like Lititz. Pre-revolutionary and founded by Moravians looing for a place to practice their religion freely, it is a town fiercely proud of its history, and perhaps overly stubborn in its suspicion of moving too quickly into the modern world.

The locals have to put up with the tourists, of course, what with Lititz being home to the country's first pretzel factory, our own chocolate factory, the oldest continuous 4th of July ceremony, the oldest girls boarding school in the country, not to mention our most famous resident, General John Sutter, who moved here after the discovery of gold on his property in California started the California gold rush.

Lititz is the sort of place where you go to the pharmacy, and the pharmacist knows everyone by their first name. On the other hand, the town is also home to Clair Brothers Audio, which is the largest concert sound company on the planet, and Tait Towers, where groups like the Rolling Stones go to get their stages made.

But enough of me going on like the head of the tourist board. Really I'm just someone very proud of his town. Oh, and a huge fan of Stephen Fry. Come on, you know you want to visit Lititz, Mr. Fry.

BBEFBean

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 12:19am Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
I haven't seen it yet so I am going to take this opportunity to pimp my home state, Florida.

#1 It's the sunshine state. It's November and it's 70 degrees out and people are muttering about how cold it is.

#2 St Augustine, the country's oldest European city. Definitely worth a visit.

#3 You can get the culture of all the other 49 states while you are here, since every one comes to Florida and brings their attitudes and culture with them. Different parts of Florida actually have different cultures based on where the nearest interstate is from. The eastern coast of the city is mainly people from the New England area, the western coast is mainly people from the Midwest, the central and northern part is the South, and Miami is where all the rich people from California end up.

Places I'd suggest avoiding would be Orlando, Daytona and Miami. Orlando is alright, except for the huge mouse and all the tourists that swarm there.

I personally would love it if there was a stop in Tampa since that is where I am going to school, but I don't expect it because it is a big city focused on business and the downtown life is non-existent.
I would suggest going through Tampa to St Petersburg. St Petersburg is my hometown and it is much more active than Tampa. If you walk around downtown St Pete you will find more than one party to join. They gave up trying to be a business center and have focused on the arts.

So come to the sunshine state and see the rest of the country!

MinervaMoon

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 1:11am Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
I haven't seen it yet so I am going to take this opportunity to pimp my home state, Florida.

#1 It's the sunshine state. It's November and it's 70 degrees out and people are muttering about how cold it is.

#2 St Augustine, the country's oldest European city. Definitely worth a visit.

#3 You can get the culture of all the other 49 states while you are here, since every one comes to Florida and brings their attitudes and culture with them. Different parts of Florida actually have different cultures based on where the nearest interstate is from. The eastern coast of the city is mainly people from the New England area, the western coast is mainly people from the Midwest, the central and northern part is the South, and Miami is where all the rich people from California end up.

Places I'd suggest avoiding would be Orlando, Daytona and Miami. Orlando is alright, except for the huge mouse and all the tourists that swarm there.

I personally would love it if there was a stop in Tampa since that is where I am going to school, but I don't expect it because it is a big city focused on business and the downtown life is non-existent.
I would suggest going through Tampa to St Petersburg. St Petersburg is my hometown and it is much more active than Tampa. If you walk around downtown St Pete you will find more than one party to join. They gave up trying to be a business center and have focused on the arts.

So come to the sunshine state and see the rest of the country!

::gapes in shock for several seconds::

I'm sorry, but are you me? Do you live in St. Petersburg? I live in St. Petersburg!

Edit: I've just been to your MySpace page. Don't tell me that the "Savvy" and "Josh" mentioned on your wall are Savannah Thomas and Joshua Barber.

Edit 2: I'm sorry, Emily Hopper is on your Top 8. She's been my one of my best friends for at least eight years.

Edit 3: This is too too weird. PM me, because we need to talk.

Edit 4: Never mind, perhaps; I may have found you on Facebook. (If not, someone's going to get a surprise friend request.)

Edit 5: Still, Oh. My God.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 1:34am Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
I'm sorry, but are you me?

LOL I, too, was like: WAIT WHAT. Maybe Sarah changed her username or sumfin.

MinervaMoon

Posted Thu Nov 8th, 2007 1:41am Post subject: PIMP YOUR STATE!: Come visit ME, Stephen!
I'm sorry, but are you me?

LOL I, too, was like: WAIT WHAT. Maybe Sarah changed her username or sumfin.

In a "Stephen has to go to St. Pete if there are two people vouching for it!" kind of way? If only I'd been so clever.

I'm really freaked out, actually. Emily and I have had weird friendship coincidences before. We met when we were 11. A year later, she switched schools, and soon after met someone named Savannah; I subsequently met an Alessandra. It was only much later that we discovered that Savannah and Alessandra had been best friends since elementary school, and we'd somehow managed to make a friendship square. And mind, we weren't just acquaintances; we became very good friends (Alessandra was my roommate last year, and Savannah and Emily are together this year) without knowing who knew who else.