Boog

Posted Mon Sep 9th, 2013 3:53pm Post subject: Plastic Jesus

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npw3J_IpLok

"Murphy was an optimist."

Nitro

Posted Tue Sep 10th, 2013 3:23am Post subject: Plastic Jesus

BOOG!!!

That was great! What a sweet guitar you have there. Made me want to play along with you Ironically, there's an abalone shell sitting on a table near me as I watched you.

It's a double relief to see a familiar name. What are you using to record with? Are you going direct into your laptop using something like an Audiobox?

Take care of yourself Boog and keep 'em coming!

Really? Wow.

Boog

Posted Thu Sep 12th, 2013 3:49pm Post subject: Plastic Jesus

Thanks so much Nitro. It's a sweet little guitar alright, a Republic Resonator. To record I use a little gizmo called an "Icile." It's a DAC that accepts an standard mic XLR on one end and a USB on the other. After the recording is done I usually add a bit of reverb with software. Quick and easy and it does a pretty goo job.

Haven't been around the SF site for a while. I used to be a banjo picker but arthritis took it out so about 2 years back I switched to slide guitar and it seems to be coming along OK. When I came back to post some stuff, it was sad to see how much the site had been "kitchened." Given the duration this has lasted I guess it must be a lot harder to clean up than I would have thought.

"Murphy was an optimist."