Posted Wed Mar 14th, 2007 11:29pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
One day i will i'm a shy person and there are not many photo's of me X-D

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 1:42am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
One day i will i'm a shy person and there are not many photo's of me X-D

A man after my own heart.

trouser material

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 7:42am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
I'm not against plastic surgery, as long as it doesn't turn into a habit or just something you do. I think it should always be considered as a drastic choice. But for ages I was considering having my nose done because I thought it was an Indian man's nose and did not suit my face. I don't think i would have it anymore, but I would never say never to the idea.

You're very young boffin, and from bits of what i've seen its young girls that surgery is appealing to - bigger breasts, fuller lips etc, before their bodies have fully developed.

I remember reading an article once, a story of the mother who wanted to buy her daughter breast implants for her 13th birthday. Aside from (surely) being illegal, how unethical and just plain WRONG? Clearly her mother has been plagued her whole life by the fact her breasts weren't big enough.

melampus

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 11:05am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Hi everyone,

Fascinating thread. However... as someone who has had A LOT of plastic surgery due to a rather nasty injury I am always slightly rankled, ruffled and miffed, just quietly, when people talk about 'plastic surgery' when they in fact mean 'COSMETIC surgery'. Please note that I am not attacking anyone here... just a gentle comment, that's all.

I love and respect Stephen for not getting his nose 'done'. I love his nose. He doesn't, but I do. And as he says in 'Moab' (p. 23) “The trouble with doing things for cosmetic reasons is that one always ends up with a cosmetic result”.

PS: I have had people tell me I should have plastic surgery! But... I have! Not sure whether to laugh or cry. So I get slightly rankled, ruffled and miffed instead.

trouser material

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 3:28pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Hello!

Its good to hear the opinion of somebody who has actually had surgery. It makes you a far better judge on the subject than any of us.

Soupy Twist

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 4:02pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Hi everyone,

Fascinating thread. However... as someone who has had A LOT of plastic surgery due to a rather nasty injury I am always slightly rankled, ruffled and miffed, just quietly, when people talk about 'plastic surgery' when they in fact mean 'COSMETIC surgery'. Please note that I am not attacking anyone here... just a gentle comment, that's all.

In medical terms both cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery belong to the specialty plastic surgery, but I can see your point. It must be infuriating to be put on a level with people who undergo unnnecessary surgery for vanity's sake.

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 5:13pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Hi everyone,

I love and respect Stephen for not getting his nose 'done'. I love his nose. He doesn't, but I do. And as he says in 'Moab' (p. 23) “The trouble with doing things for cosmetic reasons is that one always ends up with a cosmetic result”.

PS: I have had people tell me I should have plastic surgery! But... I have! Not sure whether to laugh or cry. So I get slightly rankled, ruffled and miffed instead.

Sorry, melampus. What happened?

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 7:28pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery

You're very young boffin, and from bits of what i've seen its young girls that surgery is appealing to - bigger breasts, fuller lips etc, before their bodies have fully developed.

I'm not that young.... or maybe I am, but anyway most of my friends are severely against cosmetic surgery and were shunning the idea of me getting anything done. I know lots of other people who want bigger boobs, but at my age most people are happy with padding their bras with tissue paper. I don't think most people want their lips done because they don't want to end up looking like they got stung by a bee.

JVONEARTH

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 7:37pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
If i had the money i think i'd have a go at breast enlargments.

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 7:38pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Like in the Lou and Andy sketch!

JVONEARTH

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 7:39pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
X-D just to see what they feel like X-D

ClareBear

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 7:44pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
If i had the money i think i'd have a go at breast enlargments.

Moobs!

JVONEARTH

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 7:49pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Well it's something different just them though. mmm this hole i'm in is getting deeper X-D

meekychuppet

Posted Thu Mar 15th, 2007 7:57pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
I don't need it. I am gorgeous.
Yes Meeky, but imagine someone from this site hunted you down and disfigured your face... The doctors stitch you up and fix what is broken but you are not nearly as beautiful as you are now... would you have it done?

Of course it's ok on medical grounds but as a vanity procedure I have to say fine as long as you pay your own way.