Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

melampus

Posted Fri Mar 16th, 2007 1:06am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Sorry, melampus. What happened?[/quote]

Methylated spirits + open fire = big explosion. I was an 24-month-old innocent bystander, f--k it.

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Mar 16th, 2007 2:11am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Sorry, melampus. What happened?

Methylated spirits + open fire = big explosion. I was an 24-month-old innocent bystander, f--k it.[/quote]

Holy crap. Do you actually remember any of it? *shudder*

joan

Posted Fri Mar 16th, 2007 4:23am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Come to think of it, my husband had plastic surgery after an industrial accident. He took a lead burn to the foot, and had to have the hole filled and skin transplanted over it. The scar on his foot is gone, but the scrape marks where they harvested the skin from, are still there!

In arguing the case against cosmetic surgery, only two words are needed. Michael jackson.

I sometimes look in the mirror and wish I looked like I did at 22, but all I do is take my specs off and have a shower. Then when i look in the steamed up mirror I'm 22 again.

ysabella

Posted Fri Mar 16th, 2007 8:47pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
I don't see any harm in people having cosmetic surgery if they want to. Studies show that people are usually very happy with the results and glad they had the surgery (things like tummy tucks and breast enhancements). People need to understand the risks, of course - any surgery has serious risks. And of course people should find a reputable board-certified plastic surgeon and look at all their before/after photo sets - not just the best ones.

I don't know that I'd ever do it. But I don't look down on people who do. There are times that I wonder a little about their judgement, is all.

melampus

Posted Sat Mar 17th, 2007 6:47am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Holy crap. Do you actually remember any of it? *shudder*[/quote]

Yes and no. I don't remember the actual event, but I DO remember the medical stuff afterwards. And sometimes when I am just drifting off to sleep -- you know that sort of slurring between the conciousnesses? Well, I get weird 'trapped' feelings, and images in my head. What I see isn't anything concrete... it's just this weird sensation and colour and it's really beyond my powers of description. But this doesn't happen very often, which is a good thing.

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Mar 17th, 2007 5:44pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery

Yes and no. I don't remember the actual event, but I DO remember the medical stuff afterwards. And sometimes when I am just drifting off to sleep -- you know that sort of slurring between the conciousnesses? Well, I get weird 'trapped' feelings, and images in my head. What I see isn't anything concrete... it's just this weird sensation and colour and it's really beyond my powers of description. But this doesn't happen very often, which is a good thing.

Oh man. That really, really sucks. *hugs melampus*

melampus

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 5:17am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Thanks for the hug!! (hugs AxmxZ back)

melampus

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 5:21am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
[quote="joan"]Come to think of it, my husband had plastic surgery after an industrial accident. He took a lead burn to the foot, and had to have the hole filled and skin transplanted over it. The scar on his foot is gone, but the scrape marks where they harvested the skin from, are still there!
quote]

Oooh, I have those too! They used something akin to a vegetable peeler to harvest my graphs. So I have scars from the event, and scars from the surgery! Thank god these days they have wonderful things like 'spray-on skin' (an Australian innovation) and pressure suits etc. I mean, these things aren't 'wonderful' but they do help speed the healing and ease the scarring etc.

Soupy Twist

Posted Sun Mar 18th, 2007 8:54am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
It's terrible what happened to you, melampus A big hug from me, too!
And I think it's very insensitive from people to tell you you should have plastic surgery. What are they thinking?

melampus

Posted Mon Mar 19th, 2007 2:44am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Aw, thanks for the hug Soupy! (Melampus hugs Soupy in return)

Don't fret too much -- at least I'm alive.

trouser material

Posted Tue Mar 20th, 2007 6:26pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
When i see those freaky people like the bride of Wildenstein, Jackie Stallone, Leslie Ash etc, whose surgery has left them disfigured i just think "These people have paid thousands upon thousands of pounds to look grotesque." Its not worth the risk just for vanity's sake.

JVONEARTH

Posted Tue Mar 20th, 2007 6:51pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
X-D Rubber lips Leslie Ash There was nothing wrong with her before now she looks like something you would stick on the back window of your car

trouser material

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 8:17am Post subject: Plastic Surgery
X-D Rubber lips Leslie Ash There was nothing wrong with her before now she looks like something you would stick on the back window of your car

X-D Precisely. I do sympathise with her, but i also have to scratch my head and say WHHHHYYYY????????

liposuctionguide

Posted Fri May 15th, 2009 1:46pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
Hello..

Plastic Surgery is derived from greek word "plastikos" which means "to mould".
Plastic surgery helps to mould any disfigured part of the body. Any physical disfigurement, whether from birth or acquired later, leaves behind a mental and emotional scar too. Till a few years back, this curse of ugliness was considered an unavoidable life-long stigma. But in today's modern era, unattractiveness cannot be accepted as a curse and aged look is no longer considered as a sign of wisdom.
Aesthetic surgery, a surgical science to beautify one's appearance (popularly known as cosmetic surgery), has developed to a stage where it can now dare to give finishing touches to god's most beautiful creation-the human body. But unfortunately most of us remain ignorant to what wonders the art of cosmetic surgery can do.

Nitro

Posted Fri May 15th, 2009 5:48pm Post subject: Plastic Surgery
It's one thing to have it done because the person wants it for themselves, to handle their own reflection better. But the television shows are, in a sense, just typical hostitility and stereotyping directed, particularly at women, for having the gall to actually accept aging.

'Forever young', at least physically, is currently a farking myth and the cosmetics industry earns BILLIONS on the back of that myth. I think a lot of it, beyond patriarchal bullcrap, ties into a fear of mortality. That just as things are born and begin, they also die and end. Human beings have always had real problems with that fact and invent all sorts of stuff to better handle its inevitability.

How many of these women, and men ( who are the fastest rising percentage of new clients ), would bother with it if their partners or the opposite sex were blind?

I don't think anyone's 'bad' or 'good' for buying cosmetic(s) or cosmetic surgery. I just believe a lot of them don't really THINK about why they're doing it and falsely believe it will make their happiness afterwards somehow 'permanent'. Most surgeries or administrations ( like Botox ) have to be repeated and that includes implants. A lot of men get pectoral implants now ( and are also turning to Botox, face lifts, rhinoplasty ) but they will have to have them 'adjusted' as they age because skin and muscles don't retain youthful plasticity forever.

P.S. I think those in the entertainment industry whose job requires them to be on stage or in film or TV, are under very serious pressure, particularly women actors, ( which is one reason why actors like Judie Dench rock - she's not trying to hide her gray hair LOL ), to retain a youthful, fit appearance. I'm thinking in particularly of rock stars, pop stars, action heros, models, etc. The 'blockbuster' type movies that generate the most income generally do not revolve around older/elderly lead characters either. Even the action heros of today are of the smoother skinned, baby faced types than a Bronson or Eastwood type. Which, for me, makes them less believable somehow

Really? Wow.