Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Wimsey

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 12:40pm Post subject: Plea
Dear Mr Fry,

regretfully I have to inform you that your persistent neglection of your duty as a writer of fiction is no longer tolerable for this (or any other kind of thinkable, tolerable, sufferable) universe.

For the record: your last work of fiction, 'The Stars' Tennis Balls', was published as long ago as 2001! 2-0-0-1! (I feel tempted to underline this unbelievable fact by the use of three exclamation marks!)

2001!!!
(There you go)

Since that year you have chosen to publish, amongst others, notably your guide to writing poetry and an account of your travels in the United States. Now, it is of course debatable if there is a sufficient amount of guide-to-poetry and travel books available to readers (I tend to answer this question with a decisive 'NO!' when these two forms are penned by you and would of course welcome any further additions to both genres).

However, there is still another far more serious topic which can really not be a question at all (ask anybody on this forum) :

There can never be enough fiction books written by Stephen Fry!

So I would respectfully suggest that you settle comfortably in your study (or wherever you prefer to write your books) and start right now a new work of fiction.

Believe me, this planet badly needs it!

Yours sincerely

Wimsey

wolfydc

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 11:31am Post subject: Plea
Hear, hear!

Seconded! And emphatically so....

Wolfie

PamJH

Posted Sun May 17th, 2009 3:56pm Post subject: Plea
Yes, yes. I, for one, would like a good book to read. Something shocking, hopefully.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 8th, 2009 6:16pm Post subject: Plea

Hmmm I know this thread hasn't been posted in for a while and while I would love to read a new piece of fiction by Stephen Fry, he is apparently writing a sequel to Moab is my Washpot which is something worth squeeing about in itself.

Assuming direct control...