Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

A_Nurse

Posted Wed Sep 23rd, 2009 8:11am Post subject: Please Rate My Comedy Site

1-10 would be useful

Any comments would be appreciated , Good , Bad and indeed Ugly.

http://www.bitethenews.com/

marzgirl

Posted Wed Sep 23rd, 2009 4:45pm Post subject: Please Rate My Comedy Site

Mickey Flannagan or Bite the News? or neither?

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

A_Nurse

Posted Wed Sep 23rd, 2009 9:49pm Post subject: Please Rate My Comedy Site

http://www.bitethenews.com

The site, especially the writing, lay out etc.

Nitro

Posted Thu Sep 24th, 2009 2:38am Post subject: Please Rate My Comedy Site

"well known celebrity, who wishes to remain anonymous, has today sensationally claimed that another well known celebrity who (s)he does not wish to name did nothing to him/her 10 years ago and that (s)he does not want to talk about it ever again"

ROFLMAO!!! That wouldn't be Eminem and Mariah's story would it? hahahahahahaha....The stories are funny so on a comedy scale I'd give it a 8 ( so you can go 'up' instead of 'down' )

Reminds me a lot of The Onion in some ways.

The layout of the site is kind of too text oriented and busy that way, which is kind of annoying. I know that sounds weird because these are news stories, but there's too much 'same-same' visually and reflects a traditional, or conventional, newspaper format in that way. I'd rather see a bit more variety in background color and maybe some 'attention grabbing text' ( larger fonts/headlines ) for something like key stories or whatever, just varying the text sizes can help and also avoid the other kind of typical mistake of having a page full of fifty images, all the exact same size or tons of flashing banners and that sort of crap.

So, for layout ( I don't mean 'organization' by that either ), I'd give it a 5, max. I hope that doesn't sound cruel or anything. I know that if you built it all by yourself from scratch, that was a helluva lot of work to do so it's coming from someone who isn't unsympathetic about that aspect of it.

Really? Wow.