Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 3:08pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Wow.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

fryfan20

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 3:14pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
jippy a new podgram :D:D

I am what I am

AuntieMe

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 3:29pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Wowzie mowzie, indeedie.
I had a genuine good laugh with this shooting-people-in-the-face broadcast. I am still having an after-chuckle. But I seriously wonder if laughing or chuckling is the pc thing to do. What the heck.
But why do we expect uneducated morons to behave better than their Oxbridge 'betters' who shoot everyone in sight as long as it is not within a few miles of good old Gross Britain? The sons in the Royal Family are now engaged in SAS activities or eager to shoot up some whatshamacallthem in Farawayistan. After all, making a living killing seems so utterly British. Oxbridge or Oxfam, what's the difference, eh? Two hands on the same fat belly.
And why all this fuss about mobiles or cell phones, whatever those gadgets from hell are called. You don't need them, unless it is for tracking the movements of your offspring.
Anyway, as Stephen hinted at, we need more whistles and bells to get Britain working on all cylinders again, not firing, mind you.

fryfan20

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 3:46pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
wow just heart it. and i agree with him completely, it is insane.
the only thing that I can think of doing with the people who think of these strange things is shoot them in the face.

still chuckling............

I am what I am

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 3:55pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
The accompanying photos. He looks slightly moist.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

AuntieMe

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 4:04pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
[quote="Fryphile"]The accompanying photos. He looks slightly moist.

He seems to be thinking: 'Cor, not another fan!'
Apparently on these photos he just came back from his jogging hour in the park.

whattocallmyself

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 4:55pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)

I have no link!
I use the rss link and there is no 5:th episode to find there at all.
Maybe later.

Onwards and Upwards!

AuntieMe

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 5:03pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)

I have no link!
I use the rss link and there is no 5:th episode to find there at all.
Maybe later.

Ah, you don't have an iTunes subscription I guess. Install iTunes and subscribe to the podcast.
Or get it here:
http://stephenfry.com/podcasts/
Or follow the links provided on Stephen's this here site.
All roads lead to Stephen's site eventually.
Maybe you only need to 'refresh' your browser page.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 5:09pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
If all else fails.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 5:10pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
That was great. His podgrams are always a pleasure to listen to though at the same time I also feel wound up again about the frightening amount of idiots that seem to be in power in this country and ott pc'ness. I'm tired of us, the general public and especially the young being treated like complete brainless idiots, like empty vassals. All the time it's "let's cut smoking out of classic cartoons as it'll influence children" or "let's ban violent video games and rock music because it causes teenagers to stab each other". It's just stupid scapegoating and bullshit all the time. Like in Russia right now they're talking of banning goth and emo music and dressing in those fashions because they claim they cause suicides and dangerous activities. It's just ridiculous. Music, tv, video games and role playing games don't cause suicides or violence or hate or homicide. It's things like poverty, unemployment, lack of quality education, peer pressure and bullying that contribute to these things. Personality, depression and other mental conditions, instability, upbringing and family and home life can also contribute. But this is all too difficult to deal with. They'd rather be reductionist and keep things simple so it's always blame whatever the kids are into right now instead. I swear the media must have a hat full of pieces of paper of things to scapegoat and just pick them out randomly everytime something awful happens and then start a campaign against whatever they pick. As for the whole let's whine about seatbelts and mobile phones but ignore the fact that everyone in the show is running round shooting each other what the fuck? o_O

Assuming direct control...

stephenfryagain

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 5:49pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Fab! Just Fab, slightly, though not worryingly Clarksonesque.

ClareBear

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 6:30pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Colin Firth? lol.

Love spooks Hooray for rants.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 6:54pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Hey, weren't the odd numbered Podgrams supposed to be improvised and twittery while the even ones more considered pieces? Not that I'm nibbling the delectable hand that feeds us.

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 7:13pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
That one was funny, had a different quality to it. Spooks is called MI5 over here.

Not that I'm nibbling the delectable hand that feeds us.

Liar, liar pants on fire.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Shlomz

Posted Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 7:30pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Not to actually blaspheme, i agree with the main point... but, the shooting in the face thing is very different from seatbelt and phones, only real idiots would shoot people just because they see it on tv but the other stuff is more subtle you don't even realise the effect it has on you. i'm not saying it's not completely BS just that watching people shooting people in the face and not wearing a seatbelt have different subconcious effects. but it is completely idiotic that there are people worrying about mobile phones and seatbelts when in programs like the people usually do terrible things, not job related, and those are just the "good" ones.

besides my own little quasi-rant* i loved having a new podcast! gonna listen to it again now.

*plus on the subject of ranting and quasi- quasi isn't a word of its own. i played anagrams with people older than me and the kept on assuring me that it was a word and i said it was only a prefix, in the end i let them keep it though coz i was winning by so much still quasi isn't a word