Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Jonas

Posted Fri Sep 12th, 2008 11:43pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
All I could do while listening to this podcast was think "YES!" - and giggle.

Excellent. Definitely my favourite so far.

Selma

Posted Sat Sep 13th, 2008 6:56am Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Ahhhhhhh. That's a big new-podgram sigh of happiness. There's nothing like a loosening of the laughing muscles to release a bit of the daily tension. All the better while listening to a wonderful rant like our beloved podgram 5.

You know, I think I would enjoy living in a Fry-ruled world. I mean, so much more of it would actually make sense than the world we have now. And the bits that don't make sense, as any world possesses, would nevertheless be utterly understandable.

ClareBear

Posted Sat Sep 13th, 2008 9:17am Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
A Fry-Clarkson establishment would be epic.

21centurywhig

Posted Sat Sep 13th, 2008 12:31pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Stephen might be interested to learn that, in one respect at least, our legislators have got something right. The Palace of Westminster's double ewe double ewe double ewe dot address is

http://www.parliament.uk

There's no "co" in our constitution.

Well, there is. But never mind.

markeggar

Posted Tue Sep 16th, 2008 8:22pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Loved this podgram, second only to podgram 3 when Stephen regaled us with Oscar.

Definite preference for the 'odd' prodgrams, i.e. Stephen "raw, naked and trembling...."

Superb! Hope it's not too long until the next instalment.

QF

Posted Sun Sep 21st, 2008 11:25am Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Does anybody know why this podgram is not in the blog yet? Will it be there?

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Wed Sep 24th, 2008 6:09pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Brilliant. Absolutely hilarious. I felt a bit ill that day and it certainly made me feel better. The funniest thing I have heard in ages! I liked the accompanying pictures as well! Keep 'em coming please, Mr Fry!

xx

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

rbgos

Posted Thu Oct 9th, 2008 4:12pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
I really used to enjoy "Spies" as Stephen referred to it. Now I will spend every episode fuming about seatbelts and mobiles and it will utterly spoil it for me. How could you do this to me???

emery

Posted Fri Nov 7th, 2008 5:20pm Post subject: Podcast 5 - Shooting People in the Face (Compliance)
Not to actually blaspheme, i agree with the main point... but, the shooting in the face thing is very different from seatbelt and phones, only real idiots would shoot people just because they see it on tv but the other stuff is more subtle you don't even realise the effect it has on you. i'm not saying it's not completely BS just that watching people shooting people in the face and not wearing a seatbelt have different subconcious effects. but it is completely idiotic that there are people worrying about mobile phones and seatbelts when in programs like the people usually do terrible things, not job related, and those are just the "good" ones.

I'm terribley late to this discussion, but I want to point out that this argument could actually cut the other way. There might be an invidious subconcious effect to seeing government employees subverting their own laws for the "greater good," something both the good guys and the bad guys do on a regular basis on Spooks aka MI5. People might begin to think it's okay for a government to secretly violate human/civil rights willy nilly as long as terrorists don't get to blow something up at the end of the day. Oh, wait, we already have a government that thinks that (in the US at least).

If I was going to have a government office that worried about the effect of television shows on the public, I might be more concerned about this than cell phone and seatbelt usage during car chases. But, then, I wouldn't have a government office like this, so nevermind.