Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Ernest Worthing

Posted Fri Jan 25th, 2008 10:58pm Post subject: Poetry Archive
I don't know if anybody has noticed this because I cannot find a thread/post about it, but Stephen has written quite a few short reviews of some of the poems on the Poetry Archive website:

http://www.poetryarchive.org/poetryarchive/singleTour.do?tourId=6712

I'm quite glad he likes Simon Armitage, as he is my favourite contemporary poet!

*Edited to avoid potential disappointment. Sorry about that!*

Saturn

Posted Sat Jan 26th, 2008 12:08am Post subject: Poetry Archive
I don't know if anybody has noticed this because I cannot find a thread/post about it, but Stephen has written quite a few short reviews of some of the poems on this website:

I nearly jumped out my skin when I read that but alas...I misunderstood what you wrote X-D

Thanks for the link anyway, Stephen as ever is a man of impeccable taste, Simon Armitage is a fine poet.

paul harris

Posted Sun Feb 3rd, 2008 11:31am Post subject: Poetry Archive
It is a fabulous site - a great fund

i think all poetry is made to be read aloud....

but some just demands to be
lots of simon armitage feels like that me

i love it . . . . love it ...love it ....

Catt_H

Posted Fri Jun 27th, 2008 9:11pm Post subject: Poetry Archive
i have to say that Simon Armitage really isn't to my taste....
My year 11 class (which now doesn't exist - yay 10 weeks of summer!) had to go to a poetry LIVE (! ) thing for part of our course and he was a little annoying and pretentious both as a person and a poet.

He started going on about how being a poet as good as people in his class is a very difficult thing to do, and disregarded all types of music from being poetry, using Eminen as "the best poet/musician" (a view which i also disagree with)

Although the other poets in our anthology (which were Gillian Clarke, Seamus Heaney and (Sally?) Ann Duffy? something like that, anyway, their poems i did enjoy.