Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

mikelangelno

Posted Wed Jan 16th, 2013 11:35am Post subject: Poetry ( I rhyme, therefore I'm )

Fryphile mentions this place being, perhaps, a suitable conduit for posting favourite poems, referring to the point that
Stephen is a lover of poetry.
I have written quite a bit myself, most of which is secreted in a dark corner (my equivalent of Dorian Grey's portrait), but some of which has been published (by the BBC, no less - though these, merely, amusing limericks).I recently was holed below the water-line by a pithy observation that "More people write poetry than read it" and haven't dipped the quill for quite some time now. However having coined the epigram in parentheses accompanying the title of this post, which I hope tweaks a few smiles, I hope to set the ball rolling. Here is one of mine :

Emergency

I need on my forehead
A glass-fronted pencil-case
With instructions
“In case of poetry, break glass”
This, because of lost lines
And even whole trains of thought
And it’s silly but it feels
Like losing a child
When I’m really only
Losing my mind

So come on then, somebody take it off me and keep it in play, I've done enough dribbling.
ps liked this quote it fits most of my poetic scribblings so well :

"The reason I will not exhibit this picture is that I am afraid that I have shown in it the secret of my own soul."
- Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Rebelwolf

Posted Thu Jan 17th, 2013 3:47pm Post subject: Poetry ( I rhyme, therefore I'm )

What a mouthwatering challenge, mikelangelno...a poetic 'Cook Book'; hungry pages yearning for an infusion of sweet, sour, savoury and purely indulgent recipes! Permit me to season your charming dribbling with just a soupçon of drooling...

Oppression

The eyes of the world peer through my window
invading my soul for a glimpse of me
Whilst everything I am lies slowly dying
beneath their disapproving scrutiny

~ Never odd or even ~

Pastels, Poetry, Passion

"A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die." Franz Kafka

Recoveringchristian

Posted Thu Jan 17th, 2013 9:25pm Post subject: Poetry ( I rhyme, therefore I'm )

A bit angrier...maybe more than a bit

TWICE LOST

You came crying to the kitchen alone
In your anguish
I could not help you I wanted to remove
The thing that would take you from me
Even though it left you behind it took you
Into your yesteryears
Worried for your father anxious to care for him
Dead for thirty years
Surrounded by those who love you most
You don't know us