Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 4:54pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
Don't know if we've had this yet - if we have, point it out to me and I'll delete the post.

Piera

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 6:18pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I must confess, I like the twittery chat.

I like and can read blesseys, but if I'm listening to Stephen talk, I rather hear him ramble on about whatever currently piques his mind, even if it's just a frog in his throat.

Panja

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 6:25pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I like them all so far, but I think I slightly prefer the odd sound of the odd numbered podgrams.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 7:44pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
There's a similar poll in the Blog section.

http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2411

And I don't mind which style he uses. He has proposed a wonderful compromise though.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

karen m

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 7:45pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
i quite like the rambling podgrams as it's quite interesting to listen to stephens supposedly unplanned views and opinions, i say unplanned as i obviously wouldn't know if it's at all scripted so it's not a criticism (before i get slated lol). i find myself laughing at the descriptions and comparisons he gives, i think i prefer the spontaneous versions but i did enjoy his blessay style podgram also

i treasure the podgrams as a welcome distraction on my breaks etc to lift my spirits during the day and by night it is an invaluable way to put me to sleep (in the nicest way possible i might add) as it's soothing

yes i am that sad lol

j9r

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 7:55pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I like the chats. It is like hanging out with a friend. I had my morning tea and Stephen was talking about his thought on something interesting. He gets off point, but always comes back and some unplanned side trips are fun.

I like reading the blessays. But if he wants to read them to me, I wont complain.

---j

"I'm from New Jersey, if the world ended today, I'd adjust" - John Gorka

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 8:05pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
No preference, personally.

Panja

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 8:08pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
i treasure the podgrams as a welcome distraction on my breaks etc to lift my spirits during the day and by night it is an invaluable way to put me to sleep (in the nicest way possible i might add) as it's soothing

yes i am that sad lol
Listening to Stephen's voice is the most wonderful way to fall asleep! I've been listening to him read Harry Potter and it's just so relaxing that as soon as I take out the headphones I'm gone. Which is amazing really, because I've always had a terrible time trying to fall asleep.

karen m

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 8:23pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
i suffer quite badly from insomnia going days without sleep and only doing so when i'm on the brink of collapse, i have tried everything, if i read i don't get sleepy i just get enthralled with the book! listening to somebody ramble in that sort of voice (i'm not thinking of the word boring but i can't find a way to describe it!) it sometimes puts me to sleep, i put on the podgrams if i cycle to work or else listen to alan davies urban trauma which i also have o my ipod but find people look at me funny as i usually end up with a smile on my face or worse, laughing loudly as i cycle past them

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 8:46pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
There's a similar poll in the Blog section.

http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2411

And I don't mind which style he uses. He has proposed a wonderful compromise though.

Oh yeah... goldfish memory, yo.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 9:50pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
brambles.

or,

ramssays.

ClareBear

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 10:12pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
This is awfully one-sided

ysabella

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 10:38pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
Heh, banjo. I like brambles if they have berries. If all Ramssays are like Gordon Ramsay I will enjoy watching their shows.

I like the rambles a little better. But I'm happy to have either.

And I was walking while I listened to this week's! Alas, not a nice outdoor walk in the forest, just on my treadmill. But hey!

karen m

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 10:50pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
This is awfully one-sided

thinking about it, if you want a blessay, read a blessay. i know it's not the same but it's more fun to have the spontaneous aspect although i thoroughly enjoyed bored of the dance. stephen has sorted any disputes however and has suggested an alternating of the stylings, i can just imagine him saying, 'now now children, play nicely'

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Apr 10th, 2008 10:50pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I have a slight preference for the rambling ones over the scripted podcasts, but like ysabella, I will take either and I'll be glad to have it!!