Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

bkeefe

Posted Fri Apr 11th, 2008 3:29am Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I found the second podcast more interesting than the first. I think his idea of mixing it up is a good one. While many of those who write in this forum might prefer the rambling style, I think it's likely that more structured podcasts will attract a wider audience. Not everybody likes to spend their spare time reading essays online, and putting podcasts on portable media means that you can enjoy listening to these essays in a park or some other location rather than sitting in front of your computer.

karen m

Posted Fri Apr 11th, 2008 3:42am Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
true say. I think you're right, it's good to mix it up not only to please evryone but so that it doesn't become samey in a way although i don't think there will be many 'oh there goes stephen rambling on again' comments!

my personal favourite of the 3 is bored of the dance, possibly because the first podgram was based on stephen being completely fed up and because the 3rd one has just lost me, then again i've only had the chance to listen to it once and that was when i could hardly keep my eyes open lol

i know what you mean about having the freedom to listen wherever you are, i quite like reading things like blessays etc but find it difficult to stare at a screen and scroll down and forget if you've read the line above etc, it's just too different from reading from say a book etc, which i thoroughly enjoy- he should compile all his blessays and podgrams (more to come) into a book, an updated paperweight if you will

Runrabbit

Posted Fri Apr 11th, 2008 8:07am Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I particularly like the ramblings because I imagine that they are more like a face to face conversation would be, and a chance to glimpse to unpolished version of what he would like to say.

Possibly I am biased because I tend to ramble off at a tangent myself and am delighted to find myself in good company X-D

Having said that I love them all.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all........
(unless you're in a debate of course)

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Apr 11th, 2008 5:42pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I nulled my vote because I haven't a preference for either. I agree with the decision he made to alternate the styles. They're both good and a joy to listen to. I like hearing the realism of his rambles and I like his more shiny structured podgram.

Assuming direct control...

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Apr 11th, 2008 8:24pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I don't have a preference, either.

whatonearth

Posted Mon Apr 14th, 2008 7:23pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
Oh god don't let the poor man see the result of this poll...

Britannicus

Posted Mon Apr 14th, 2008 7:40pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I think it'd be more accurate if we had the option to vote "both" or "no preference". I'm with everyone that's said that both styles are absolutely fantastic, but for different reasons.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Apr 14th, 2008 7:47pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
As long as he talks to us, it's aaaaaaaaaaalllllllll gooooooooooooood.

Unless he demands a cessation of all glompattacks.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Apr 14th, 2008 7:52pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
As long as he talks to us, it's aaaaaaaaaaalllllllll gooooooooooooood.

Unless he demands a cessation of all glompattacks.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming direct control...

WhatWouldJeevesDo

Posted Tue Apr 15th, 2008 10:47pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I think his decision to alternate styles was a very good one. The first one I liked because he was flying by the seat of his pants. The second one I liked because it was more structured, but I practically followed along with Moab in hand when he was talking about his inability of joining in, and that was the only think I wasn't all that fond of. Episode 3 was an improvement from 1 for sure since he isn't sick. Now, with alternating it, it will be appealing to those who like the structured ones and to those who like the improvised ones.

I just like to hear him talk about things that are on his mind. To read what he's thinking about is one thing, but to actually hear him say it enhances the experience. It's like he's right in my room chatting with me.

ChrisWhite

Posted Tue Apr 29th, 2008 11:31pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
I do find the improvised ones more appealing: it's almost like having your own private counselling session!

nongenderous

Posted Wed Apr 30th, 2008 6:42pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
The second one I liked because it was more structured, but I practically followed along with Moab in hand when he was talking about his inability of joining in, and that was the only think I wasn't all that fond of.

That annoyed me as well. To quote a Madonna song: "I've heard it all before. I've heard it all before. I've heard it all before."

Alicef71

Posted Thu Jul 3rd, 2008 4:11pm Post subject: POLL: Blessay or Ramble?
It has to be blessay, because I can read these at work without detection. But our system bars me from listening to twittery chat. Must go as Gradgrind has just entered the hovel