Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Kit Ellis

Posted Tue Mar 20th, 2007 11:39pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
(POST DELETED)

JVONEARTH

Posted Tue Mar 20th, 2007 11:46pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
Hello Kit from another man from Kent

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 1:59am Post subject: (POST DELETED)
Hello Kit from someone not from Kent

I like reading the bits at the bottom!

trouser material

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 8:01am Post subject: (POST DELETED)
Hello Kit. I am one of the bullies, but only pinch dinner money from the most feeble and victim-like of innocents.

panda

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 10:45am Post subject: (POST DELETED)
Hi Kit
Welcome to the site... Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good at the moment. I don't know if you've considered seeing a therapist who's training? They are sometimes free, or at least cheaper. That's how I found my therapist, because i couldn't wait for the nhs waiting list (i still haven't heard back from them a YEAR later!!!).
Anyway, look forward to your future posts...
Panda

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 1:36pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
Hi kit, Welcome!
Im a newbie around these parts too and Im already in love with this bored. Sorry to hear your going through a rough patch, remember you have all of us here to talk to if and when you need it.
Sarah x

Kit Ellis

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 2:21pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
(POST DELETED)

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 2:31pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
When it comes to seeing a counsellor or therapist or psychologist, all I can say is - If for whatever reason you are not happy with them, as in you think they are out of line or incompetant, change to someone else. It is YOU the client that is important. I was sent to a psychologist when I was like 15-16 (when I first started showing signs of depression) and she was the worst professional I have ever met. She then went on to inform me about 10 weeks into our sessions that she was offered a new job somewhere and that the next session would be our last as she was leaving 3 days after that. AND there would be nobody to replace her.... so I didnt get any more professional help til last year (Im 21). Then I had the best counsellor, she was such a help.

Basically what Im gettign at is: dont settle! there are good and bad out there.
Btw, Im not saying that all psychologists are bad - just my one!!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 3:07pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
That's right Crazy-in-a-box. Your therapist/psycholgist/counsellor acted completely ineptly and unethically. Let's hope she sees someone for it soon! Like you say, I hope that that and similar experiences don't put down people's faith in health people completely. There are an increasing number of wise health workers out there. It's completely right the counsellor has to suit the client, not the other way round.

By the way i can launder lunch vouchers as wellas parking tokens if need be TM. X-D

C

panda

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 5:13pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
Hiya
Kit - yes, i agree, at least that seems to be my experience in my area.
Crazy in a box - yes, i agree. i wish i had known that/been more assertive when i had a not-so-great counsellor. problem was, because i was feeling so bad, i wasn't sure of myself, and because of my breakdown i didn't trust my judgement, confidence at an all time low. i also felt it was good to be seeing someone, and couldn't work out how to get somebody else. i keep kicking myself for it now, grr!!! i can see now, that even if i was having problems, i could still judge who was good for me, and who wasn't. you can feel a rapport or lack there-of. or something as simple as a personality clash. which takes away the blame, it doesn't matter whose "fault" it is, its just not working. however, i think because she was a psychotherapist, she tried to blame it on me. which now i can see is totally unfair - and makes me angry!!! grrrrr!!! nevermind. i've found someone better now. and having been to a drop in centre, i've experienced a few different types, which has made me realise people's different styles. and that i should trust my instinct and judgement about what i want/need.
anyway, hope this doesn't put you off, (kit) but makes you feel you should be confident about finding someone you feel "safe" with...
good luck!
panda

Kit Ellis

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 7:53pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
(POST DELETED)

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 9:40pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
Hi

It sounds like you're having a really hard time at the moment.

The trainee was difficult for you, wasn't it, but I am sure that the trainee would have the view that you were exercising your legitimate choice, and learnt from this that people often find it difficult to be in these situations when they feel unwell. He/she would use this situation to increase her empathisc understanding of what it is like to be a patient, and probably wrote your session up (in strict confidentiality) in these terms, and also how it felt for him/her in that situation. This is how training students become real, by seeing it as it really is. You did what was right for you by the sounds of things, so that was the right thing to do.

take care

Chris

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 10:26pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
Hi Kit,

I have so many things I want to applaude you for!
Despite your post containing alot of frustration and a feeling of hopelessness, all I saw was positive. Now bare with me here so I can explain.... You are fighting. You are not giving up and letting this beat you, you are hanging in there. you want help!! that is the main thing.

How you were treated by the vicar was out of line, in that no professional or religious member should force their views upon anyone let alone someone in a vunerable state.

As a first experience of counselling, you didnt have it easy. The place didnt sound very welcoming... Im sure the counsellor was a nice person, you didnt seem to have a problem with the actual session other than the incident with the trainee. Hopefully, things will speed up and you will get a decent counsellor soon. Im not sure how it happens in England but for me, I went to see a counsellor who was in the later stages of her training. She was taking clients and was nearly completed in her thesis... It was only the two of us so it was easy enough to form a bond.
Maybe you could look into finding someone like that? as she was still in training, I didnt have to pay a huge rate.

anyways, hope my little rambling helped... lol
I really do feel you are a brave person and have a positive amongst all the shit you are feeling,
Sarah x

ratoutofhell

Posted Wed Mar 21st, 2007 10:46pm Post subject: (POST DELETED)
Hi Kit, sorry to see you're going through a rough patch. I always find online is a good place to come when things are bad, and I've made a lot of friends that way.
Seeing you have a myspace page, I'm taking the liberty of sending you a friend request.
Hoping things start to improve soon.

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Kit Ellis

Posted Fri Mar 23rd, 2007 4:55am Post subject: (POST DELETED)
(POST DELETED)