Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

trouser material

Posted Wed Jul 4th, 2007 8:05pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
I usually don't mention names. But AxmxZ, whoever you are, you are an arse. You can't understand why anyone over twelve would read the Harry Potter Books. I see. I daresay that's not the only thing you don't understand. You poor thing. It's "not a bad idea". Now that's the best one. That really is the best of all the stupid things you have said so far. The 'not bad' idea you are referring to has made the author the richest female in England and the richest female author in the world. Consider how you compare to that before you judge.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaaaahhhahaaahahahahahaaaaaa!! Someone's a serious Harry Potter fan. James, you do know that *whispers* it isn't real, don't you? X-D

AxmxZ

Posted Wed Jul 4th, 2007 8:21pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
I usually don't mention names. But AxmxZ, whoever you are, you are an arse. You can't understand why anyone over twelve would read the Harry Potter Books. I see. I daresay that's not the only thing you don't understand. You poor thing. It's "not a bad idea". Now that's the best one. That really is the best of all the stupid things you have said so far. The 'not bad' idea you are referring to has made the author the richest female in England and the richest female author in the world. Consider how you compare to that before you judge.

De gustibus non est disputandum. I'm not impugning the intelligence of those who do read Harry Potter - I'm just saying, I personally can't understand or relate to their appreciation of these books. I don't think that makes me an arse. And it might strike you as odd, but JK Rowling being rich means buggerall vis-a-vis the quality of her prose. Stephen King is rich, and his books are, by his own admission, the literary equivalent of fast food.

Hey ludwig, I like your signature, but I don't quite understand it. "Everybody is clever. Some before, others afterwards" - is that a translation from German?

James

Posted Tue Jul 10th, 2007 10:29am Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
I do apologise profusely. I'm afraid I was rather in a mood when I posted that and am undoubtedly myself a complete arse for taking it out on you.

Britannicus

Posted Wed Jul 11th, 2007 6:20pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
I'm finally re-reading HBP like I said I would ages ago, haha.

I'm liking it better this time around. Harry's chest monster is going to give me nightmares though.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

AxmxZ

Posted Wed Jul 11th, 2007 6:27pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
I do apologise profusely. I'm afraid I was rather in a mood when I posted that and am undoubtedly myself a complete arse for taking it out on you.

No worries.

ClareBear

Posted Wed Jul 11th, 2007 6:40pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
All this talk about arses, and not a moon in sight......

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Jul 13th, 2007 5:45pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
(_!_)

Pour vous, Atari.

Aoibheann

Posted Sat Jul 14th, 2007 12:21am Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
X-D Hahahahahaha... nice

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Sun Jul 15th, 2007 11:03pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
aww people 5 days and 2 hours hahahhaha!

Things are really getting excited in work, we have all mad decorations and we are all dressing up! we will be recorded by an Irish children's programme too at midnight..... aww I really am buzzing with the thoughts of it all hahaha Im so sad.

Britannicus

Posted Mon Jul 16th, 2007 9:01am Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
Ah...shit. Some dunderhead's taken pictures of every page and now they're starting to appear on message boards. And I am talking the WHOLE BOOK.

Um...BE REALLY SUPER CAREFUL is all I can say.

"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

Soupy Twist

Posted Mon Jul 16th, 2007 4:24pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
aww people 5 days and 2 hours hahahhaha!

Things are really getting excited in work, we have all mad decorations and we are all dressing up! we will be recorded by an Irish children's programme too at midnight..... aww I really am buzzing with the thoughts of it all hahaha Im so sad.

Sounds great! I'm not a "crazy" fan, for me it's just entertainment. But believe me, if I were 10 years old I'd love to dress up as a witch and join other fans at midnight. I don't know if there are going to be any midnight openings in Germany (there will be when the German copy is published). Though the book already leads the bestseller list it's mostly adults with only little inclination to dressing up who read the book in English. I'll have to be patient and wait for Saturday morning to get my copy.
Enjoy your preparations and the big event!

AxmxZ

Posted Tue Jul 17th, 2007 7:33pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
Despite all the agiotage building up around the book, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the worst of the lot. Think about it: the publisher already knows that printing Potter books means basically printing cash. Ergo, Rowling can write whatever sloppy tripe she pleases - why grunt and sweat over your prose when you already know everyone will buy it? Why agonize over the right words, why spend endless hours editing, why do anything but the bare minimum of what is expected?

And anyway, is there any real mystery as to what will happen plot-wise? She'll probably just kill off Voldy, kill off some friendly collateral for balance, then give everyone who deserves it either a hero's send-off or a happily ever after. And also make clear whether or not Snape was evil - probably yes, because making a convincing case otherwise would be difficult, and like I said, no incentive.

/speculation.

Monday's Child

Posted Tue Jul 17th, 2007 8:42pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
They're trying to make us dress up as Harry Potter characters at work this weekend...Not good

Britannicus

Posted Tue Jul 17th, 2007 8:44pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
It's possible, AxmxZ. I kinda doubt it though. She's invested so much of her life into it, I can't really see her letting it go out with a fizzle. I think Jo's got plenty of tricks left up her sleeve. Looking forward to it immensely.

Britannicus

Posted Tue Jul 17th, 2007 8:45pm Post subject: Potterian Pensiveness
They're trying to make us dress up as Harry Potter characters at work this weekend...Not good

HAHAHAHA who are you going to go as?