Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Nitro

Posted Wed Apr 15th, 2009 4:28am Post subject: Psychics talking to the dead (My rant about em!)
I think a lot of these folks do appeal to grieving people who really miss their loved ones and want to believe that they haven't been completely abandoned. That somehow they're being looked after by them or that those who've died are still aware of them and care. And also the living want to know if the dead are OK and feel better about that separation if they think they'll see them again one day.

I can understand that. Especially when you first lose someone.

Maybe these 'psychics' wouldn't be so successful if human beings, particularly in the Western world, were taught better how to deal with Death, mortality, and how to support those experiencing Grief. I've talked with enough people to gather that they felt mostly abandoned by friends when Grief kicked in their front door to knock them around. A lot of times people leave the grieving to themselves a little too much or just flat out avoid them because they can't handle it themselves. So, grieving folks are kind of easy targets for psychics because they're more vunerable than usual.

"Oh yes, your Mother is standing right next to you and says she wants you to continue with college and that the occasional chills you feel aren't a cold breeze but rather her standing next to you." That's the kind of crap these readers say. And people eat it up because they want to believe it.

Sylvia Brown would not be nearly so well known had it not been for the show that Montel Williams hosted. She was a regular guest and he let her have free reign.

Really? Wow.

sheepchrist

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 9:16pm Post subject: Psychics talking to the dead (My rant about em!)
I think they should all have a test. They only have a licence whenthey can prove they talk to the dead.

I totally agree

but must insist that all religon's ministers have to do a similar test where they have to prove they talk to god and that he actually answers them.

With such a test we could get them all

X-D (evil Ming the merciless laugh)

fry'speppermintcream

Posted Wed May 6th, 2009 10:45am Post subject: Psychics talking to the dead (My rant about em!)
see my post in general musing on 'Is Stephen Psychic' - I've just read a brill book called The Psychic Tourist. A scream a minute and leaves you feeling right minded.

sheepchrist

Posted Wed May 6th, 2009 3:37pm Post subject: Psychics talking to the dead (My rant about em!)
The Psychic Tourist. A scream a minute and leaves you feeling right minded.

right minded ? how so?

go I have wanted to be right minded for years could this be the answer?