Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Lauren

Posted Mon Dec 8th, 2008 7:33am Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
Hello!
I obviously don't get much information about QI where I live, so I was wondering if a Christmas episode was going to air sometime this December. Also, has anyone gone to a taping of QI? What was it like?

Follow me on Twitter! @Lauren1991

ClareBear

Posted Mon Dec 8th, 2008 8:44am Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
My tale of intrigue and fail is here: http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2588&start=0

There should be another Xmas edition go out the last Friday before Xmas day.

Welcome. Being from BC, wou live near one of the greatest musicians alive, that almost nobody knows about, no matter how much I try.

Lauren

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 2:01am Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
Great! Thanks ClareBear! Here's hoping someone on an unnamed video website uploads it so us westerners can see it.

You got a shout out from Stephen himself on QI?! You must feel so special! I wish I could somehow meet him, but I suppose this websites as close as I'm going to get. Maybe he'll do a Fry in Canada program! (Although from what I've gathered, he probably wouldn't like going to Quebec very much.)

Oh and by the way, which musician are you referring to? =)

ClareBear

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 10:43am Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?

Oh and by the way, which musician are you referring to? =)

Devin Townsend.

monochromeprincess

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 8:32pm Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
My tale of intrigue and fail is here: http://www.stephenfry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2588&start=0

Wow, that sounds amazing, first time I read that, thanks for that *grins*

@dreamingshadow

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Dec 9th, 2008 8:45pm Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
ClareBear - I don't know whether to be more jealous of the Stephen praise or you meeting the gorgeous Dara (oooh that Irish lilt) you lucky lucky thing

That would be me.

Mandibles

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 12:40am Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
Hello!
I obviously don't get much information about QI where I live, so I was wondering if a Christmas episode was going to air sometime this December. Also, has anyone gone to a taping of QI? What was it like?

Can confirm, QI Christmas Special will air 22nd December on BBC 1 at 9pm.

http://www.comedy.org.uk/guide/tv/qi/

As to my attendance at recordings...well... I think the avatar says it all. I do wish I'd taken a picture of myself onset last year when I had to climb (with a severe lack of dignity) over the front railings. Still, always 2009 oppertunities!

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

monochromeprincess

Posted Thu Dec 11th, 2008 7:36pm Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
As to my attendance at recordings...well... I think the avatar says it all. I do wish I'd taken a picture of myself onset last year when I had to climb (with a severe lack of dignity) over the front railings. Still, always 2009 oppertunities!

Yeah I was going to ask, but I was too embaressed :-// . I hope you don't think it rude, but I am burning with curiosity - do you work there or something or just get a lot of tickets? I signed up on Applause Store for the next series's tickets yonks ago, so I've got my fingers crossed for 2009 too :D.

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

JonSebire

Posted Mon Dec 22nd, 2008 7:49pm Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
Ahh, and so we come to the hour of the matter. For 'tis tonight. I'm very excited to see how Senor Joly slips into the fold as am quite a fan.

Musical.moment

Posted Mon Dec 22nd, 2008 10:27pm Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
Episode eight is on television right now, Im so happy

whatonearth

Posted Tue Dec 23rd, 2008 6:23am Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
hi er...i'm outside the UK so i can't watch this on iplayer...any chance anyone has any magic upload-to-youtube skills?

Lauren

Posted Tue Dec 23rd, 2008 10:46am Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
I hope it was good! I didn't really like the first episode of the 6th season. I guess it's because I didn't know who that "important" guy was. To me, he just stole the whole show and took the spotlight away from Alan and the rest. Oh well.

I'm hoping someone uploads it to youtube by the time I wake up in the morning... *fingers crossed*

Gluben

Posted Tue Dec 23rd, 2008 9:04pm Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
I've uploaded the episode in 3 parts, albeit not in the best of quality. Still, it's watchable. Search for GlennMarkReuben or "QI series f" and you should find it.

whatonearth

Posted Wed Dec 24th, 2008 12:34am Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?
I've uploaded the episode in 3 parts, albeit not in the best of quality. Still, it's watchable. Search for GlennMarkReuben or "QI series f" and you should find it.

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Dec 24th, 2008 2:16am Post subject: Qi Christmas Episode?

*hugs* Thanks bunches!

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P