Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Mon Dec 15th, 2008 8:50pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
I just heard that the Netherlands is getting his own QI !

the QI master is going to be Arthur Japin a writer that will make his depute on television in the quite interesting quiz. his second in command is going to be Thomas van Luyn.

I am wondering how it is going to be.
this is a good test for finding out whether QI can be done in another language but more a test of it is any good without Stephen and Allen.

I am what I am

Lauren

Posted Tue Dec 16th, 2008 7:17am Post subject: QI-NL edition?
No way! That's awesome.
I would love to see a bit of it. Will it be called QI?

Follow me on Twitter! @Lauren1991

fryfan20

Posted Tue Dec 16th, 2008 7:07pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
yes they keep the name. QI

I am what I am

fryfan20

Posted Tue Dec 16th, 2008 10:33pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
the NL QI is coming sooner then the F series, the first episode is on Saturday 27 December 2008.

I am what I am

TheChainedWolf

Posted Fri Dec 19th, 2008 3:30pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
the NL QI is coming sooner then the F series, the first episode is on Saturday 27 December 2008.

Actually, we are already in Series F. We've had the "Familes" episode in November, and we are having the "Fire and Freezing" episode on Monday. It is just that most of the series takes place in the new year.

fryfan20

Posted Fri Dec 19th, 2008 11:33pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
you are right

I am what I am

Musical.moment

Posted Mon Dec 22nd, 2008 11:00pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
QI isnt QI qithout Stephen Fry, its just "a quiz show"

fryfan20

Posted Sat Dec 27th, 2008 11:06pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
first I have say that I was sceptic of the show and can't stop comparing it to the BBC one.

first the host of the show Arthur Japin he hold himself well for the first time (the only things he has done on TV was as guest) but not really funny on his own and I missed the moments where Stephen lays down his carts and isn't reading from the Autocue and just is intresting. this you can't expect this from another then him but still I missed it.

Thomas van Luyn is in the same roll as Allen but if I may compare, he is just not as good in it. maybe I just need to get use to him.

the questions: they where good, a lot of them almost just as good as when I first heard them from Stephen. from a lot of the questions I am sure they are from old QI episodes, I knew the answers to these so called imposseble questions.

so It is a good show and I did laugh, and maybe it will be a lot better for people who never seen QI before. I will only watch it if I have nothing better to see or do.

I am what I am

Ertai23

Posted Sun Dec 28th, 2008 2:03am Post subject: QI-NL edition?
Dutch QI: Not as good as the British QI, but then again, what is? Something half as good British QI is still at least ten times as good as most other programs on tv.

bingethinker

Posted Wed Jan 14th, 2009 9:05pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
The first episode of the Dutch Qi was boring. Not only because the questions came from old UK Qi eps, but because they were trying to imitate the original too much in my opinion.

The fellow in place of Alan tried acting out what was said just like Alan, but is was clearly not his idea.

However, the next eps became increasingly better up till the point now that it's almost amusing. Maybe they have to get used to the format and make it their own. It might become good comedy in the end. Allthough I still prefer Stephen's Qi, he's irreplacable really.

karinhere

Posted Thu Jan 15th, 2009 1:25pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
For god's sake, can't the Dutch come up with any ideas of their own.
Everything has been copied, the scenery, god everything I nearly threw up.

Mike and Thomas need to be stopped, they keep doing this, plagiarizing BBC programs, obviously not aware others see the originals too.

I couldn't watch it. A travesty. I blushed with shame at my countrymen.

The Dutch are NOT funny and should not pretend or try to be.

EVEN THE ADLIBS THAT THE PANEL COME UP WITH HAVE BEEN INCLUDED and are (badly) acted out.

They have kept the English title, QI, and explain it IN ENGLISH (" this means quite interesting" )

Any Dutch man or woman capable of understanding what Quite Interesting means is quite capable of watching the REAL THING, and does so.

stop this please, someone, anyone.

bingethinker

Posted Thu Jan 15th, 2009 1:37pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
plagiarizing BBC programs, obviously not aware others see the originals too.

I'm sure they pay a good deal of money for the format so it's not plagiarism. But apart from that we seem to agree mostly.

Allthough there may be a chance that it improves ones they mould the format around their own ideas and style. We should compare the first few episodes to the Qi pilot rather than the 5th series. I still hope that it'll improve to an acceptable level. I give them 5 points for the sheer nerve to try anyway. I'd never dare.

karinhere

Posted Thu Jan 15th, 2009 1:57pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
plagiarizing BBC programs, obviously not aware others see the originals too.

I'm sure they pay a good deal of money for the format so it's not plagiarism. But apart from that we seem to agree mostly.

Allthough there may be a chance that it improves ones they mould the format around their own ideas and style. We should compare the first few episodes to the Qi pilot rather than the 5th series. I still hope that it'll improve to an acceptable level. I give them 5 points for the sheer nerve to try anyway. I'd never dare.

I do not give them any points for anything, the money spent on buying other people's stuff could be spent creating something new and original. I do know what Plagiarism means and you know in what sense I mean it here.

The Nerve is what is so amazing, the conviction that no one will know what is going on, that people will actually believe messrs MikeandThomas have come up with something worth watching all by themselves.

I have seen only one program and will not be able to compare as I will not watch again.

andrealein

Posted Fri Jan 16th, 2009 3:54pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
I do not give them any points for anything, the money spent on buying other people's stuff could be spent creating something new and original. I do know what Plagiarism means and you know in what sense I mean it here.

The Nerve is what is so amazing, the conviction that no one will know what is going on, that people will actually believe messrs MikeandThomas have come up with something worth watching all by themselves.
I think you're right. It would be so much better to create something new.

But it's what always happens. Someone has an idea, the show becomes successful and people hope that it will work in other countries too. It's all about making money. It's less of a risk than to try something completely new. That's why every country has its "Pop Idol"-show.

I don't think they believe that no one will notice... they just don't care.

Ertai23

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 12:17pm Post subject: QI-NL edition?
"Better goed gejat dan slecht bedacht."
(Dutch expression meaning more or less 'better stolen well than thought up badly'.)

Look, when the Dutch think of something themselves, we get Big Brother. Which was sold around the world. I like the Dutch version of "Have I got news for you", and I think the Dutch did something extraordinary with the format of "Who's line is it anyway?". And I like QI enough to try and see 'us' do a new spin on it.

And if you don't like it, don't watch. Flip the channel to original Dutch programming. Like "De Gouden Kooi".