Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

valerian moon

Posted Fri Jul 31st, 2009 1:54pm Post subject: QI- phobias.... egyptian mummies!!
Just watching QI about phobias and was wondering if anyone knew the name of my phobia of EGYPTIAN MUMMIES, i havent been able to find out and was wondering if anyone knew???#

ta VM

PamJH

Posted Fri Jul 31st, 2009 2:22pm Post subject: QI- phobias.... egyptian mummies!!
Pharaohphobia - but this might be fear of mummies in general.

Ian the Duck

Posted Mon Aug 31st, 2009 2:34pm Post subject: QI- phobias.... egyptian mummies!!

As a graduate Archaeologist I can barely spell Archaeology... thus I have no idea what such a fear is called... but I am certain its prevelance increased in the 60's with 'Hammer Horror' films and then waned dramatically following the release of 'The Mummy Returns' film...

Ian Carr BSc (hons) (Member of DENSA)

gjhsu

Posted Mon Aug 31st, 2009 9:06pm Post subject: QI- phobias.... egyptian mummies!!

mumiaphobia would be my guess. mumia being Greek for 'mummy,' coming from the Greek 'mum' meaning wax, due to the waxy look cadavers have after being mummified.

But, really, I have no idea.

lordmountbeauty

Posted Thu Sep 10th, 2009 2:49pm Post subject: QI- phobias.... egyptian mummies!!

Shahmataphobia??

From D.Rumsfeld (I do believe)

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."