Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

canuckuk

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 11:43am Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
After a Twitter cross reference, I began to wonder what QI rituals exist out there. I, for one have to be in my softy jimjams and, naturally, a snack is du rigeur. I usually save any serious alcohol for post-QI, as I need to hang off every word.

Does anyone else have a ritual? X

Mandibles

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 3:07pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
Oh Canuck darling I was hoping someone else had a ritual too.

All the lights go off, save for my glowy red lava lamp in the top corner.
I've got to be in my black housecoat, it's too soft for words.
Cup of Assam/Earl Grey tea in hand, and 3 rich tea biscuits.
Then I sit on my recliner chair and enjoy the wonderful thing that is QI.

(I sometimes have a pad and paper aswell so I can write down quotes or anything said in the episode that I might want to dispute later)

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

felthamsouthouse

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 3:34pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
I sit here with a french bread , a flask of wine, a book of verse and that jolly televisual thingie called QI.

pete

canuckuk

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 3:50pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
Now I'm feeling really inadequate, as if I'm not paying proper homage to the occasion. You two have raised the bar very high indeed.

Must be how Martin Luther felt looking at high mass!

Right off to purchase some scented candles, a mitre and a goat!

X

Help

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 5:47pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
I tend to be drinking cider when I watch it.

TobiasMonk

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 6:11pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
Over here we have to rely on YouTube, but if you like you can imagine us standing in a dark alley, wearing raincoats and hats pulled down enough to hide our faces, but not enough to impair our vision, viewing QI huddled over single laptop, desperately trying to keep the wireless signal going, and all the while looking over our shoulders for the illegal download po po (police).

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

deppfest

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 6:50pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
The telephones are switched off, the cat is ejected, the dog frowned at with each wag of his tail. A glass of red, a canape or two and a semi-darkened room. Lovely!

canuckuk

Posted Sun Feb 22nd, 2009 7:19pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
You're right. Must be semi-darkness.

If it's any consolation to you Tobias, I too watched on youtube until quite recently, when I broke down and bought my first television. X

Katrina

Posted Mon Feb 23rd, 2009 7:33am Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
Well I guess it starts about Saturday afternoon when I check Youtube continuously until I see that the latest episode is up. Then I sit on the futon with my laptop and one or more of the following:
1. Mini-Snickers
2. Skittles
3. Chips and REALLY spicy salsa
4. Generic Fruit Loops (i.e. Fruit Spins)
5. Water with a red Crystal Light packet

Then I put my headphones in out of consideration for anyone else in the room and I'm good to go.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

canuckuk

Posted Mon Feb 23rd, 2009 8:38am Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
I have only just found Head Cases on Youtube. Don't know anything else about it.

BUT the Helen Mirren and Judi Dench episodes made me swop undies several times. Not certain how innocent this makes me look, as I have no idea how long this has been around, but assume it was designed for a U.K. market. So just maybe I am enlightening someone. X

Jarus

Posted Mon Feb 23rd, 2009 2:49pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
I have only just found Head Cases on Youtube. Don't know anything else about it.

BUT the Helen Mirren and Judi Dench episodes made me swop undies several times. Not certain how innocent this makes me look, as I have no idea how long this has been around, but assume it was designed for a U.K. market. So just maybe I am enlightening someone. X

Don't worry your not that far behind the curve it was first broadcasted last year on ITV and yes the Helen Mirren/Judi Dench was hilarious only surpassed by the Al-Fayed sketches.

As for rituals when watching QI I don't have any and feel quite inadequate. I shall endeaver to create one, would a teacosy on my head whilst hopping on one leg suffice?

gjhsu

Posted Mon Feb 23rd, 2009 11:30pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
My ritual:

I head to Youtube on Saturday morning, and continue to hit refresh until somebody has uploaded the latest episode for me to watch.

Pando

Posted Tue Feb 24th, 2009 11:02pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
Ah it is refreshing to see others with a ritual. Instead of Boyfriend looking at me bemused and concerned at the same time as I rush about pre-QI getting my ankle high slippers, shawl, giant vup of tea and at least half a packet of Digestives for dunkin'

love it

"In fact, every woman in the world has got bird flu. But we don't give a shit, we just get on with our lives. Now it's only because a few men have caught it lately that people are going mad about it. "Oh, I've got bubonic plague, but I've still got to do the hoovering."

Corona

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 1:55pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
I just sit down with a pot of tea and switch off the phones.

Rain Dog

Posted Sat Feb 28th, 2009 4:39pm Post subject: QI rituals and pretelly feng shui
I usually wait until the extended edition is on youtube, it's always so much better than the shorter version. So each Sunday afternoon I'm sitting at my computer with a nice cup of tea and perhaps some chocolate biscuits too. Tea & biscuits is my favourite thing to have while watching great British television series