Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

fryfan20

Posted Thu May 15th, 2008 7:13pm Post subject: QI, score
i will take the risk of sounding stuppid to ask the big question:
is there any logic in the pionting system by QI?
i know that they get pionts for being interesting, stil it seems a bit ramdum to my.

I am what I am

karen m

Posted Thu May 15th, 2008 11:39pm Post subject: QI, score
think its just based on alan losing lol he can't really get minus 50 something all the time., stephen bases it on how funny/interesting or obvious it is so different amounts of points would be awarded in each case- it's all random and fun

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri May 16th, 2008 3:11am Post subject: QI, score
i thought it was: your heighth in inches minus how many times you told a joke about penises.

don't believe that, i made that up.

of course.

karen m

Posted Fri May 16th, 2008 10:00am Post subject: QI, score
i thought it was: your heighth in inches minus how many times you told a joke about penises.

of course.

was quite interesting, 5 points!

fryfan20

Posted Fri May 16th, 2008 10:32am Post subject: QI, score

of course.

hihi intresting and funny X-D

I am what I am

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue May 20th, 2008 1:50am Post subject: QI, score
5 points... that means i told 59 jokes about penises.

fryfan20

Posted Mon May 26th, 2008 10:41am Post subject: QI, score
from the silence, i guess nobody realy knows the answer.

so i ask now the only known expert on the subject:

Mr. stephen fry can you explane how the scooring by QI goes

I am what I am

thorleyc2

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 12:55am Post subject: QI, score
I've always thought it was -10 for an obvious answer and then the rest is decided by stephen depending on how interesting it was. Generally though I don't think that he gives out more than ten points for a good answer (except bonus questions, like the custard explosion thing). I may be wrong tho.

fryfan20

Posted Fri May 30th, 2008 10:35am Post subject: QI, score
that makes sens, i think your right.

and i think that it realy does not matter so much, it not about how wins but if it was fun:) and fun it is always

I am what I am

gay_panda

Posted Mon Aug 25th, 2008 4:34pm Post subject: QI, score
Apparently there is a points system that s over-seen by a QI Elf, where they can officialy tally up the scores, but because no-one has ever complained about their scores, iit's never really be described.

(Fact found out on QI.com)

But I would assume, unless Stephen states an amount of points, it would be set at 1 point per interesting answer, and 3 points if it's the answer that tallyies with the Elves answers, whilst obvious and wrong answes would incur a hefty -5 points, again unless stated by Stephen.

helvissa

Posted Sun Sep 7th, 2008 5:15pm Post subject: QI, score
I'm always confused by the scoring on quiz shows! Even Have i Got News For you and Buzzcocks.... :-//

grizzly

Posted Sun Sep 7th, 2008 7:38pm Post subject: QI, score
The scoring system is impenetrable intentionally. Unlike shows like NMTBC and HIGNFY, not every question that's recorded gets broadcast. In fact as many as half of the questions get dropped. If you knew how the scores were tallied precisely then everyone would think that they couldn't add up. Plus there would be some rather painful continuity errors if there was a running total.

Anyway, as you can see there's a good reason why you don't know what the scoring system is. Although I am fairly certain that the klaxons come with a -10 points score.

Grant McGoldrick

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 6:05pm Post subject: QI, score
Did anyone notice that when Hugh was on, he was really overly generous with his points to Hugh? That really amused me He and Alan are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum in Stephen's eyes. X-D

Hunchback Jack

Posted Tue Sep 23rd, 2008 9:12pm Post subject: QI, score
I think, too, that it's even more mysterious because we don't always see all the questions asked in a taping. So even if you *could* learn all the points awarded for the questions we see, it might not add up to the totals at the end.

HBJ