Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mandibles

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 11:13am Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
We now have confirmed broadcast dates for the rest of the F series. The remaining ten episodes will be broadcast every Friday on BBC1 at 21:00 followed by an extended edition of QI on Saturday on BBC2 at a time yet to be confirmed between 21:00 and 22:00.

Here is a full list of dates and times as they are currently known (with the exception of the Christmas special we don't yet know which show is which).

22nd December 21:00 BBC1 (Fire and Freezing)

9th January 21:00 BBC1
10th January BBC2 (Extended QI)
16th January 21:00 BBC1
17th January BBC2 (Extended QI)
23rd January 21:00 BBC1
24th January BBC2 (Extended QI)
30th January 21:00 BBC1
31st January BBC2 (Extended QI)
6th February 21:00 BBC1

7th February BBC2 (Extended QI)
13th February 21:00 BBC1
14th February BBC2 (Extended QI)
20th February 21:00 BBC1
21st February BBC2 (Extended QI)
27th February 21:00 BBC1
28th February BBC2 (Extended QI)
6th March 21:00 BBC1
7th March BBC2 (Extended QI)
13th March 21:00 BBC1
14th March BBC2 (Extended QI)

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

ClareBear

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 11:28am Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
Stickied.

Soph

Posted Sat Dec 13th, 2008 1:32pm Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
Fantastic ! Thankyou. *counts down the days* It's almost as exciting as christmas. xD

QI extended editions, you say !?

: D

Photobucket

ClareBear

Posted Sun Dec 14th, 2008 2:45am Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
How much of the stuff that they cut d'ya reckon they'll be able to show? if it's only half an hour to an hour later, bugger all.

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Sun Dec 14th, 2008 7:01pm Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! That has made me EXTREMELY happy!!

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

Mandibles

Posted Sun Dec 14th, 2008 10:36pm Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
How much of the stuff that they cut d'ya reckon they'll be able to show? if it's only half an hour to an hour later, bugger all.

I'm not 100% sure how much extra material will be included in the extended edition. It could very well be that the "extended edition" is simply the next in the series (as was previously shown on BBC 3) I can check my sources but I'm as clueless as the rest of you on this one.

X-D

Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

Mandibles

Posted Wed Dec 17th, 2008 3:15pm Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
According to "The Radio Times" (All hail the massive festive editions of TV guides) the QI "Christmas Special" won't be shown until 10.35pm on BBC 1.

Sorry about the confusion. x

*5 minute debate later*

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Dec 17th, 2008 6:24pm Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
Mandibles you rawk our socks you know that right?

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

dulieGirl

Posted Wed Dec 17th, 2008 11:30pm Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
Well, my favorite YouTube channel was taken down a second time and I think the poster decided not to mess with it anymore, because I haven't seen it return. She was going to post all of the F series once they aired. Not sure if someone else on YouTube will get them up but I how so. I'll be mightily sad if I can't get my QI fix.

Mandibles

Posted Thu Dec 18th, 2008 6:33pm Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
Mandibles you rawk our socks you know that right?

*tip Jeevesian hat* Glad to be of service m'lady.

Well, my favorite YouTube channel was taken down a second time and I think the poster decided not to mess with it anymore, because I haven't seen it return. She was going to post all of the F series once they aired. Not sure if someone else on YouTube will get them up but I how so. I'll be mightily sad if I can't get my QI fix.

I have a few friends who may post them as they air. If you are still stuck might I recommend a site called http://www.thebox.bz/ It is a site dedicated to the uploading of British TV shows and I've seen QI posted up there before. I think all you need is UTorrent to download the shows.

Hope that helps

*5 minute debate later*

IdeaCollector

Posted Fri Dec 19th, 2008 4:19am Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
thebox.bz has a rule where you must upload things in return to a certain point....by a certain date so unfortunately i'm banned b/c i didn't figure out their feed system in time.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

tonymurphy

Posted Sat Dec 20th, 2008 12:56am Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.

If it's like the "Have I got News for You" extended editions they are around 15 mins longer.

I do not think they are worried about what time t shows since the first transmissions on Beeb 1 are after the watershed anyway, so they can get away with mostly anything anyhoo.

They probably have hours of content for each episode, and it's pretty hard to cram it down into 27 minutes for broadcast.

Veg Chick

Posted Sun Dec 21st, 2008 1:40am Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i8yU_3qdQJ4

Little taster I found.

Huge thanks Mandibles

Don't have huge festive edition of Radio Times just the TV guide on Freeview box, so NEVER would have spotted QI on Beeb1 after the news.

ThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThank youThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyouThankyou

I am nothing

Veg Chick

Posted Sun Dec 21st, 2008 8:42pm Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
Hi All

TV listings showing the Christmas Special as being on at 21.00 again. I'm confused

Has anyone read the write up in the Radio Times (I found the online one)?

I am nothing

Soph

Posted Sun Dec 21st, 2008 9:20pm Post subject: QI Series F Broadcast dates.
I've read it's on at 9pm, tomorow night.

Photobucket