Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

WhyGenTom

Posted Sun Feb 15th, 2009 11:42am Post subject: QI - Stephen Fry - Simpsons Fan?
I've noticed from QI, including the episode last night, that Stephen Fry makes a number of references to quotes from The Simpsons. Do we know if he's a fan? Or are these facts provided for him?

PamJH

Posted Sun Feb 15th, 2009 2:40pm Post subject: QI - Stephen Fry - Simpsons Fan?
I wish I knew. My kids and I are die-hard Simpsons fans. We loved it when the category came up once on Jeopardy. I think I read somewhere on here that he likes Family Guy, but I've never read anything about The Simpsons.

Soph

Posted Sun Feb 15th, 2009 3:32pm Post subject: QI - Stephen Fry - Simpsons Fan?
I think The Simpsons was so popular for over decade that everyone watched it. So it doesn't suprise me if he makes a references here and there. Family Guy, comes to mind aswell, in Stephen Fry in America he mentions that Rhoad Island is famous for being the hometown on Family Guy, something along those lines. Which makes me think this information could have been researched and given to him, but he also mentioned Stewie from Family Guy on twitter one time. I'm slightly loosing the point but we just don't know. I wouldn't put it past him. : ]

Photobucket

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Aug 20th, 2009 2:46pm Post subject: QI - Stephen Fry - Simpsons Fan?

I've noticed him making various references to The Simpsons in interviews, QI and various other places over the years. I'm sure I've even seen him refer to it as a good TV show. I've always been left with the impression he likes the show.

Assuming direct control...

LizzA

Posted Wed Sep 16th, 2009 9:04pm Post subject: QI - Stephen Fry - Simpsons Fan?

Who isn't a fan of The Simpsons??

Seriously though, I've always had the impression that he enjoys The Simpsons too, but I can't, for the life of me, remember what's given me that impression. I don't remember whether he's said as much or if I've imagined everything.

Amphib_Jeremy

Posted Mon Sep 21st, 2009 9:54pm Post subject: QI - Stephen Fry - Simpsons Fan?

Surely Futurama would be a more appealing animated series to all concerned. Gadgets, gizmos and a (Philip J.) Fry.

Semper in excremento sum, solem profunditas mutat