Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Roger the Saurus

Posted Fri Nov 30th, 2007 11:50pm Post subject: QI - the end of E
Tonight's QI episode entitled "The end" was followed on BBC4 by what was either a very early programme I missed or a pilot episode and showed just how far QI has developed. The later episode was far better structured, researched and presented than the earlier one. Roll on the F series!

MinervaMoon

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 5:05am Post subject: QI - the end of E
Tonight's QI episode entitled "The end" was followed on BBC4 by what was either a very early programme I missed or a pilot episode and showed just how far QI has developed. The later episode was far better structured, researched and presented than the earlier one. Roll on the F series!

Don't get ahead of yourself; there are still two E episodes to go . . .

Fiona

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 11:20pm Post subject: QI - the end of E

Don't get ahead of yourself; there are still two E episodes to go . . .

Is there really? That is good news, I thought it was the last in the series last night.

christy

Posted Sat Dec 1st, 2007 11:52pm Post subject: QI - the end of E
There's bound to be another Yuletide episode

maybe called 'Evergreen' or 'Eve' as in Christmas Eve
or maybe it'll be the 'F' series by then so it'll be
FESTIVE!!!

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

Tourmaline

Posted Sun Dec 2nd, 2007 3:47pm Post subject: QI - the end of E
It was very interesting to see how far the show has developed - the first ep will always be special to me as it has Hugh Laurie's (so far) only QI appearance, but the show has definitely found its own personality now. For me this was noticeable in Series D, when it seems they began to be more experimentative in choice of guests - for example, I would never have thought Roger McGough as a guest, but he was fantastic. And I'm even liking Jimmy Carr on the show, having never really been a fan, but he seems more willing and/or able to enjoy himself on the show, which was what held him back before in my view.

/ramble

I too am looking forward to the final E eps!

seasun545

Posted Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 8:17am Post subject: QI - the end of E
I´ve read somewhere this week Hugh Laurie will be a guest, can´t wait!!!!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 2:18pm Post subject: QI - the end of E
Still to come in QI:

Episode 12 "Empire" (Christmas Special)
Broadcast Date
7 December 2007 (BBC Four)
14 December 2007 (BBC Two)
Recording Date
15 June 2007
Panellists
Alan Davies
Bill Bailey
Jo Brand
Sean Lock
Theme
Stephen and the panel dressed in Victorian style clothes. Fry is dressed as Oscar Wilde, Brand as Queen Victoria, Davies in an Indian costume, Bailey an Edwardian croquet player and Lock is the Duke of Wellington.

This is the second instance of a complete panel appearing twice. Bailey, Brand and Lock all appeared together in episode 1 of series B.

Episode 13 "Elephants"
Broadcast Date
14 December 2007 (BBC Four)
A clip show including unbroadcast material.

Stephen's gonna dress up as Oscar Wilde!!! *runsroundsqueeingandhitswall*

That was the first episode of series A. There was an unaired pilot made before that which had Eddie Izzard in the line-up and the set was totally different and there were some slight differences to the game (there were rounds instead fo just the theme and then General Ignorance as we are all familiar with).

It was very interesting to see how far the show has developed - the first ep will always be special to me as it has Hugh Laurie's (so far) only QI appearance, but the show has definitely found its own personality now. For me this was noticeable in Series D, when it seems they began to be more experimentative in choice of guests - for example, I would never have thought Roger McGough as a guest, but he was fantastic. And I'm even liking Jimmy Carr on the show, having never really been a fan, but he seems more willing and/or able to enjoy himself on the show, which was what held him back before in my view.

I thought Roger McGough was a really good guest too. There were some not so good guests though too in series D like Johnny Vaughn, Liza Tarbuck and Julian Clary (his anecdote about shitting himself in front of the Queen was just awkward and fell flat). Jimmy Carr has got better over the series. He seemed too standoffish at first like he didn't take anything that was being said seriously now he's much better.

Assuming direct control...

christy

Posted Mon Dec 3rd, 2007 6:34pm Post subject: QI - the end of E
Hugh Laurie was in last week's episode (BBC 4) so he'll be on Dec 7th's on BBC 2!!
Enjoy!

Your blue, blue eyes.....
Squeeeeeee!

*****always in the gutter, but looking at the stars*****

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Mon Dec 10th, 2007 12:25am Post subject: QI - the end of E
i can't wait to calculate my bottom...

[(s+c) x (b+f)] / (t-v)