Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

markinoz

Posted Sat Feb 27th, 2010 2:54am Post subject: QI - where are the women?

QI has only recently begun broadcasting here in Australia and I assume that we are seeing quite old shows, and while I love the show, I am continually confronted by the preponderance of male-only shows. Are there no funny women in Britain? From memory, I have only seen Jo Brand and Pam Ayres (gawd!) on the show.

Australian shows aren't much better, but I have noticed in some an effort to even up the odds. QI is now looking distinctly aberrant.

gjhsu

Posted Sat Feb 27th, 2010 4:54am Post subject: QI - where are the women?

They have women every couple of episodes, often quite funny! Ronni Ancona's stories are hilarious

Sandi Toksvig has been on twice this current series, I think.

Marty10000

Posted Sat Feb 27th, 2010 6:47am Post subject: QI - where are the women?

In season G, the gender episode had a girls side and a boys side. I think the gender disparity is beconing more even as time goes on.

markinoz

Posted Mon Mar 1st, 2010 7:11am Post subject: QI - where are the women?

Marty10000 said:
In season G, the gender episode had a girls side and a boys side. I think the gender disparity is beconing more even as time goes on.

That's good to hear. I am not sure where we are in the series list. I suspect quite old.

markinoz

Posted Mon Mar 1st, 2010 9:13am Post subject: QI - where are the women?

JUst realised, we are in the middle of Series F here in Oz. So NOT that old, after all. Hmmm.

gjhsu

Posted Tue Mar 2nd, 2010 3:04am Post subject: QI - where are the women?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aX26k5ZNzI

They've addressed your very concern right here

korakk

Posted Sun Mar 7th, 2010 12:07am Post subject: QI - where are the women?

Emma Thompson is on QI tonight : ) i have no idea who she is though

hello people I assume you are reading this because you are lost if you scroll down alittle more you should find the next post
but if you do want to see my gibberish click here http://twitter.com/seangilfillan

gjhsu

Posted Sun Mar 7th, 2010 4:53pm Post subject: QI - where are the women?

korakk said:
Emma Thompson is on QI tonight : ) i have no idea who she is though

Emma Thompson, best known as the neurotic, friendless madwoman who thinks she's a star, but really, she's just a wholesome girl next door, isn't she? Oh wait, I got that wrong. She's best known as the wholesome girl next door, but really she's just a neurotic friendless madwoman who thinks she's a star, isn't she...