Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Tristen2006

Posted Sat Oct 24th, 2009 3:38am Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

I'm new here and I haven't found my way around here yet. I just was wondering if there was a thread started already (if yes, where?) that fans can post things to Stephen. I know he's a busy man but I'm sure some of us have just general things we'd like to say to him. I'm just wondering if there is one already started and if not where should one start one? Thanks a bunch.

Treat every breath as if it's your last, dance every dance, and never sit on the side lines of life.

Katie

Nitro

Posted Sat Oct 24th, 2009 5:25am Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

It might help if you spend a little more time reading the definitions for the various forums and threads. For example, this is the Zero Room which is intended for what it says it is. Not for forum questions. I think in the first few thread titles at the top of the forum's home page, you'll see things like 'Technical Assistance' etc. Maybe post your question there??

Really? Wow.

Tristen2006

Posted Sat Oct 24th, 2009 5:41am Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

I was under the impression that the Zero Room was for whatever. I'm sorry if I offended you. As I said before, I'm new here. There's no reason to get snippy.

Treat every breath as if it's your last, dance every dance, and never sit on the side lines of life.

Katie

Firlefanz

Posted Sat Oct 24th, 2009 11:04am Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

Hi Tristen2006,
actually, the Zero Room is for whatever, as I understand it.
There is as far as I know no thread on the forum that is being read by Stephen, but there is a section to express thanks for Stephens work in the Secret life of the manic depressive board. If you want a thread to say something more general you could check if there is something in General Musings, there's also an introductions thread where you can talk about yourself, if you want. But again, better not expect that Stephen will read it

Soupy Twist

Posted Sat Oct 24th, 2009 12:34pm Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

Hi there. I don't think Nitro was being snippy, I found his comment very helpful. The Zero Room's subtitle reads "Vent, rant and blow off steam", that is what people do in here, including shouting and cursing.
I don't know of any thread dedicated to posting things to Stephen.
We have no evidence that Stephen ever reads here, but you are free to open one (I guess General Musings would be the fitting section). If it is very important for you to contact Stephen you could also use his fan mail address:
FAN MAIL

c/o Hamilton Hodell Limited
Fifth Floor
66-68 Margaret Street
London W1W 8SR

tito

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 24th, 2009 12:38pm Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

Hello Tristen 2006 and welcome,

I don't think any snippiness was intended by Nitro by the way!

If I'm wrong then I reckon Nitro will be the first to let me know.

I wouldn't know where to start with asking Stephen a question, but I suppose contacting his agent would be the way to go.

I hope you have a nice time wth the rest of us though,

Best wishes, Tito xxx

gjhsu

Posted Sat Oct 24th, 2009 2:47pm Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

I think the best bet would be to post in the General Forum. There's no guarantee he will reply, but he has been seen shimmering, Jeeves-like, into and out of the forum in general. No idea which threads he's perusing, or if he's just doing any admin work, but he has been sited on a few occasions!

Tristen2006

Posted Sat Oct 24th, 2009 3:24pm Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

Sorry. I was tired and I'm very sick right now so everything sounds a little snippy to me. Thanks for your help.

Katie

tito

Member *

Posted Sat Oct 24th, 2009 3:42pm Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

I'm not good at the minute either. Don't worry, we all have our off times.

Welcome again. T xxx

Nitro

Posted Mon Oct 26th, 2009 4:41am Post subject: Question for you veterans of the site...

Tristen,
First, welcome to the forum

Second, I really was just trying to help and I'm sorry if it came off as 'snippy' to you.

Thirdly, thanks to you folks who thought enough of me to try to mitigate any ill feelings. I appreciate that. I'm afraid Tristen hasn't been around long enough to have seen my behavior like yourselves have.

Fourthly, I hope you will be feeling better soon Tristen.

No hard feelings

Really? Wow.