Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Pongo's Mum

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2008 3:18am Post subject: Raga. Hi everyone, i'm trying to find a raga that was on a
new age label.
It was just two tracks, leading into each other santoor flute and drums.
Superb. I have searched and searched. But, I have found out more about raga music in gen'.
This cd was a meditation cd and just lovely to chill to.

Bought it in a New age store in Chester. If you have any info, or have a fav piece of raga, or info on raga? Would you reply? I lent the cd out,, and of course, that was that.

But...You never know?? Thanks X-D

Pongo's Mum

Posted Sat Jan 12th, 2008 3:07am Post subject: Raga. Hi everyone, i'm trying to find a raga that was on a
No one into raga or ragga? Its great to listen to, and the history of raga is interesting too.

I'll get my coat :-//

Ernest Worthing

Posted Sat Jan 12th, 2008 9:44am Post subject: Raga. Hi everyone, i'm trying to find a raga that was on a
I don't know much about Indian classical music, but I love John McLaughlin's post-Mahavishnu Orchestra band called Shakti who play(ed) ragas on both traditional and non-traditional instruments. Their first album is one of the best I have ever heard, and I'd recommend it to anybody who likes this type of music (their other albums are all very good). I saw them live two years ago and would definitely claim that they are the best band I have ever seen as far as musicianship is concerned. The post-1996 material is very different, though, because McLaughlin used an electric guitar instead of an acoustic. Nevertheless, it is still very, very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHDO1HN06Fc