Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Antje

Posted Thu Apr 22nd, 2010 3:49pm Post subject: Reading with pleasure (again at last)

In the last 4 weeks I've read Moab Is My Washpot, The Liar, The Hippopotamus, Making History and The Stars Tennis Balls. I've devour this books. They are written fantastically. If I had to discribe this books with my own words I would say "expect the unexpected". Thanks for these books and days of pleasure.

harbour

Posted Mon May 10th, 2010 7:27pm Post subject: Reading with pleasure (again at last)

I know what you mean, Antje. Stephen Fry's books are truly addictive and can be enjoyed again and again. My personal favourites are Moab, Hippo and Balls. Like my abbreviations?

olivertWisted

Posted Wed Jul 14th, 2010 3:49pm Post subject: Reading with pleasure (again at last)

IMHO - Moab & Liar are superb Hippo & Muse are good Balls & Hist are bad (sorry)

This is your home now, Joe.

Antje

Posted Thu Jul 15th, 2010 10:44am Post subject: Reading with pleasure (again at last)

olivertWisted said:
IMHO - Moab & Liar are superb Hippo & Muse are good Balls & Hist are bad (sorry) :|</blockquote

I think especially The Stars Tennisballs is a gorgeous book. The whole story is very strange and surreal. At the beginning with reading I thought "Oh no, what the hell is this. Such a mazy stuff." But when I had read some pages I was avid. I could not put away this book, I devored it.
For me Making History is very interesting. It takes a look at the idea "What if ..."