Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Frazzy

Posted Tue Mar 5th, 2013 1:05am Post subject: Real Estate Agents

ARSEHOLES. Total fucking arseholes.
We rent, and they've decide to sell the house, so we've got to find somewhere else, which isn't easy for anyone, but we need wheelchair access, fairly large bathroom and dogs allowed, and the main bedroom separated from the others.. so no simple task. And my mother in-law is having heart surgery in a few weeks, so really not the best of times.. Though there's always seizures and other stressful emergencies of horrible fucking stress to deal with. So there is no good time, perhaps just don't fuck with us at all, that'd be nice. And they are sending people over at SOME TIME, to do whatever they do... they are interrupting the lives of random STRESSED people, for their own gain, and they can't even give us a specific fucking time, and only tell us they day before that real estate agents, AGENTS, (more than one, a fucking team is coming, it's a small 3 bedroom house, you don't need a team,) will be defiling our personal space with their terrible suit covered presence, and they can't even gives us a specific fucking time. And there are loud people doing loud things to the garden, loudly. Also at a days notice.
Can they not just wait until we've moved out?

Frazzy

Posted Tue Mar 5th, 2013 1:36am Post subject: Real Estate Agents

So, seriously, maybe 15, I'm not sure, I couldn't count them, all so nondescript, but probably about 15, estate agents all just trooped through the house.
WHAT THE FUCK. There are only 7 rooms in the house.
Then the all trooped outside and around the garden. Stopping to stare at random patches of dirt.
Very x-files. All dressed the same, same haircuts, same expressions same sameness. Same. The dog cried.
Also I am apparently severely allergic to such an onslaught of real estate agents, and/or the cologne that I can only assume runs through their veins in the place of blood.
Unexpected whipper-snipper behind me.
Waiting for loud garden louding people to go away, so I can have a hot shower and thus resume breathing, without anyone creepily pruning the tree by the window.
It might have been more than 15.. It was like a clowns getting out of a tiny car sketch. But obviously far more horrifying.
I need to cleanse my space with inept banjo twanging.

Frazzy

Posted Tue Mar 19th, 2013 9:24am Post subject: Real Estate Agents

HATE. SO MUCH RAGE.
I'm sorry if there are any here in the real estate business who don't deserve an eternity of being covered in paper cuts and lemon juice, but your brethren are inconsiderate fucks who clearly don't give even the tiniest of mouse poo sized shits about anyone.
Rude, disrespectful arsehats.
I need a punching bag. I could dress it in a suit.
First they are late, to show people around the house, thus taking longer, and then they stand around outside, in the driveway, chatting afterwards, while we drive around the block waiting for them to all fuck off and let us be in our house, were we pay for the privilege of not being outside while we are hungry, and need to pee, and have toothaches and don't want to look like we are stalking scantily clad joggers.
I wish someone would just buy the fucking house, so they can leave us the hell alone until the lease is up.

joan

Posted Thu Mar 28th, 2013 3:45am Post subject: Real Estate Agents

Frazzy, real estate Agents are different when you get to know them: they are much much WORSE. My husband had to work in Real Estate for a short while as there were no other jobs. He left after a few short months, but all the showers in the world could not wash away dirt he felt from the pure greed and indifference that he encountered. He is a decent honest ethical person, so he could not remain. With no work, and me being the only breadwinner, in a low paid job we had to sell our house. The firm he had worked for still charged him full commission, knowing we were on the breadline with two kids.

We managed to get a council house equivalent to rent and are still here. So we managed in the end.

I do hope you come through this nasty patch too.

Frazzy

Posted Fri Mar 29th, 2013 1:52pm Post subject: Real Estate Agents

Someone might be buying it.. they sent someone much nicer than a real estate agent to come around and tap on walls, a termite-whisperer or something I guess, and if they buy it we might have a couple of months to get out.. hurrah.
Also mother-in-law got through her heart op and is in rehab.

At least very unlikely to be in danger of becoming homeless for the 4th time in my life, Things have been worse. Things have been much, much worse. Everything is probably going to be okay unless something terrible happens. I'm not good at optimism.

Rose

Posted Fri Mar 29th, 2013 10:09pm Post subject: Real Estate Agents

Other professions are also like this. What's worse, they cloak it in velvet and present it as a good profession. Behind your back, and at every opportunity, they trample you in their frantic efforts to convince themselves they are queens of integrity. And professionalism. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Frazzy, I feel your pain, I have experienced this 'verge' too, and had to absent my mixed race family from the lease signing. Discrimination is real.

Frazzy

Posted Sat Mar 30th, 2013 12:18pm Post subject: Real Estate Agents

They really do act like paying to have a roof over your head is some kind of fantastic privilege you must prove yourself worthy of..

Frazzy

Posted Thu Apr 18th, 2013 10:44am Post subject: Real Estate Agents

Hurrah!, the house is sold, no more intrusions.. now all we have to do is find somewhere to live.. ...hurrah?
Next thing to rage at: the words 'No dogs'
No dogs? No fucking dogs? YOU HAVE NO SOUL.

JeremyOlm

Posted Mon Sep 16th, 2013 5:27am Post subject: Real Estate Agents

I really sympathize with the situation that you and your family had to go through while going through such tough times with your mother-in-law needing surgery and all. I know how harsh people can be especially when they are overcome with greed. However, not all estate agents are like that. Credible and professional agents will not at anytime act unscrupulously as how you described the 15 agents to have behaved like. That is why it is always advisable to only hire the services of agents from credible agencies who will help you in any situation related to your property.

Anthony Miller

Posted Tue Oct 22nd, 2013 3:57pm Post subject: Real Estate Agents

Could be worse - imagine you own your own flat and the estate agent beneath you decides to put in an illegal planning application to build on the garden he already sold you once and when you're forced into making this public as a result of his terminal passive aggression threatens to sue you for libel. They're all ****s.

http://www.pearshapedcomedy.com