the teenage philosopher

Posted Tue Aug 25th, 2009 11:21pm Post subject: room 101

i know this was on previously but i thought someone should start one
so what would you put into room 101

id put emotions into room 101

\"down with the kids\" is the paramillitary branch of help the aged

Maxx England

Posted Wed Aug 26th, 2009 11:59am Post subject: room 101

No, I like some of my emotions. Things that inspire the negative ones, they can go in.

Like the Bimbonic dialect, it's all over television and radio these days. Airheads so insanely addicted to smiling under all circumstances that they have lost the use of the vowels 'o' and 'u' in their speech, and the consonants 'p', 'b' and 'm'.

Just open your ears ladies an gentlemen, as an example I promise you that I have heard, when watching BBC2, a young woman announce that I was in fact watching "Wee Wee Cee Tee".

On top of that, some of them seem under the impression one has to sound "sexy". So we are not only faced with a cultural speech impediment, it is delivered by what sounds unpleasantly like a randy chipmunk.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Nitro

Posted Thu Aug 27th, 2009 9:48pm Post subject: room 101

Ah, nasty, good ol' room 101...any reference to 1984 is a good one in my book

Really? Wow.

davemalley

Posted Fri Sep 4th, 2009 9:44am Post subject: room 101

talent shows for anyone under 18!!
sorry, but Pretentious darlings leaping around apeing adults or trying to be funny whilst egged on by a talentless parent desperate to feel hollywood through their nasty kids, winds me up no end.

people who use P.S are just showing they havent put enough thought into their writing before they started.

P.S cant get out of the habit myself

Maxx England

Posted Tue Sep 8th, 2009 9:48pm Post subject: room 101

Never mind kids' talent shows, how about demanding of any "talent" show contestant that that they can actually carry a tune without the aid of a bucket?

Sally Ryder

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 11:12am Post subject: room 101

I agree with the comments about so-called talent shows. They seem to represent very cheap entertainment, in every sense of the words, and they would certainly be on my list for banishment to Room 101, along with anything that describes itself as reality television. As soon as you put people in front of a camera they start playing to it, whether or not they are aware of the fact. Probably the only true reality television programmes are the ones where the camera is truly hidden, such as Candid Camera (is there anybody else out there old enough to remember that?), which are in such poor taste that they too would have to be relegated to Room 101!
I feel so much better for that little rant!

Help

Posted Wed Sep 9th, 2009 4:04pm Post subject: room 101

Maxx England said:
No, I like some of my emotions. Things that inspire the negative ones, they can go in.

Like the Bimbonic dialect, it's all over television and radio these days. Airheads so insanely addicted to smiling under all circumstances that they have lost the use of the vowels 'o' and 'u' in their speech, and the consonants 'p', 'b' and 'm'.

Just open your ears ladies an gentlemen, as an example I promise you that I have heard, when watching BBC2, a young woman announce that I was in fact watching "Wee Wee Cee Tee".

On top of that, some of them seem under the impression one has to sound "sexy". So we are not only faced with a cultural speech impediment, it is delivered by what sounds unpleasantly like a randy chipmunk.

"Wee Wee Cee Tee" Ooo that made me chuckle!

quantumofire

Posted Thu Sep 10th, 2009 1:04am Post subject: room 101

The problem with all those talent shows is that they are too tame. The audience should be allowed to bring rotten fruit and dead rats to throw at the miserable punters. And the worst act should be put in stocks, where passers-by are allowed to urinate on them.
Now I would watch that.

http://quantumofire.blogspot.com/

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.

Maxx England

Posted Sat Sep 19th, 2009 7:52pm Post subject: room 101

Retired car drivers, bimbling along main roads at 10 below the limit and building up 5 mile long tailbacks, ignoring the fact that the rest of the world hasn't retired yet and needs to be getting on with things. Now.

And the vomit brained gump that was merrily waving traffic out of a stately home on my route down the A6097 yesterday, garden party manners guiding the unthinking into the path of cars, vans, lorries at 50mph.

Room 101? Humbug, flagellation publicly with dung painted barbed wire at the very least. Cretin.

quantumofire

Posted Sun Oct 11th, 2009 2:22am Post subject: room 101

Put all the standing charges on pre-payment meters in Room 101.

Why should people pay extra for the privilege of paying for electricity in advance.

Money grabbing X$?&£^%$£^&*(X@™ÌÔËÁÌÌËË°€÷

http://quantumofire.blogspot.com/

Breaking contradictions in his mind was, to him, like walking through a winter forest snapping twigs underfoot.

Shyamz

Posted Sun Nov 8th, 2009 7:04pm Post subject: room 101

davemalley said:
talent shows for anyone under 18!!
sorry, but Pretentious darlings leaping around apeing adults or trying to be funny whilst egged on by a talentless parent desperate to feel hollywood through their nasty kids, winds me up no end.

+1.

Oh, and can I add Claudia Winkleman and Alexa Chung to this room as well? Cheers. Oh, and I'd like to put the fact that the TV show Room 101 is no longer on TV in Room 101.

Maxx England

Posted Sun Nov 8th, 2009 9:21pm Post subject: room 101

TV chefs. "Reality shows" where people are pitched against each other in various circumstances or competitions in the hope that they will be ucking funpleasant to each other. Property shows dedicated to the English South's preoccupation with profit.

swordmaiden

Posted Sun Nov 15th, 2009 4:21pm Post subject: room 101

Ooh ok, this is my first posting on this site, hello everyone!
My room 101 nominations have to be Elvis impersonators, BBC morning newsreader-couples on telly who talk to us as though we are all 5 year olds and that bloody 'Go Compare' advert, the one with the opera guy and the silly moustache....I simply have to turn the mute button...is it just me??? I prefer the meerkat one. Ooh I feel much better now thank you! "Simples!"

"Never was a greater mistake made than he who did nothing because he could only do a little".

Fnooples

Posted Sun Nov 15th, 2009 4:39pm Post subject: room 101

The Catholic Church.

swordmaiden

Posted Sun Nov 15th, 2009 4:45pm Post subject: room 101

oh yes, of course the Catholic Church too, goes without saying! And Ann Widdecomb!

"Never was a greater mistake made than he who did nothing because he could only do a little".