Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 11:20pm Post subject: Room Lovely
A bit like the the lovely little things thread but I guess this is more general things that make you smile and feel happy every day rather than something specific that happened that day.

For starters CHOCOLATE! Of course what else would you expect from me?

Ice cream
Cookies
Waffles with honey and ice cream and chocolate
Bunnies!
Cats!
Dragons!!!
Tea
Moccachinos
BBC4
BBC7
Libraries
Forbidden Planet
This forum. ^_^
And of course Puppybear! *glomp*

Assuming direct control...

whattocallmyself

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 11:50pm Post subject: Room Lovely
Chocolate *yes! Me too!*
Puppies *my own.. 2 year old puppy*
Brittish Gentlemen *one in particular*
Sunshine *and thunderstorms*
Being Loved Back *nothing like it*
Peace and Quiet *....*
Nature! *my best buddy*

Onwards and Upwards!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Sep 13th, 2007 11:57pm Post subject: Room Lovely

Puppies *my own.. 2 year old puppy*

Aww I love cute little puppies.

Brittish Gentlemen *one in particular*

*swoon* Where have all the gentlemen gone? All I see are lads if you know what I mean.

Sunshine *and thunderstorms*

A bit of sunshine can be lovely, but not so much that it's sticky hot. Thunderstorms can be fun to watch and listen to when you're all snuggly warm inside your house.

Being Loved Back *nothing like it*

Indeed. Love can be a lovely thing.

Peace and Quiet *....*

Hell yeah!

Nature! *my best buddy*

I love waking up at the crack of dawn, opening my window or the back door and listening to hundreds of birds singing. It's an amazing sound to wake up to.

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 8:53am Post subject: Room Lovely
My lovely room would be nice and warm and fluffy with birds singing and cats purring.

I'd put this forum into my lovely room, plus
- my friends and all nice, lovely, funny and open-minded people
- chocolate
- Wodehouse (it's as if reading Wodehouse sucks me into a lovely room)
- lots of books and DVDs
- flowers
- Music

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 9:06am Post subject: Room Lovely
I'd put all my favourite authors in like George Orwell, Lewis Carroll, Oscar Wilde, H. G. Wells, P. G. Wodehouse and Jane Austen.

Music would have to go in. Music is amazing it has so many emotions and feelings with it. There's so much to get lost in.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 12:01pm Post subject: Room Lovely
My room would contain the following:
- An old record player, playing Frank Sinatra
- A bowl of Jelly Beans
- A collection of classic books (you'll have to suggest some though)
- My Cat
- A computer so i could get on the forum
- My best friend
- Finally, loads and loads of little funky things (like my ducks and stacking blocks)

Red Raven

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 2:44pm Post subject: Room Lovely
Here are some lovely things.

-Waking up late to Spanky(my dog) climbing in bed beside me and nuzzling me till I woke.

-This precious cup of coffee steaming cheerfully.

-Biscuits, both American and English versions.

-Thunderstorms! The louder the better.

-That banana split I treated myself to yesterday.

-Silence

-A good book

-My bed

...I need more coffee

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 3:21pm Post subject: Room Lovely
Wouldn't it be lovely if 'gentlemanliness' became more widespread? Of course, there are those who carp and say it was an ideal that was never truly lived up to, or that it is no longer relevant. To which i point to John Steed in The Avengers and say that, fictional though he was, he clearly demonstrated that their could be no incompatibility between a true gentleman and the modern world.
And, for the record, much as I enjoy Bond movies and books, James Bond is NOT a gentleman. This is an assumption made by people who believe that education, received pronunciation and a suit are all the requirements of being a gentleman. Bond is a cad.

whattocallmyself

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 3:27pm Post subject: Room Lovely
hear, hear!

Onwards and Upwards!

Red Raven

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 3:30pm Post subject: Room Lovely
Wouldn't it be lovely if 'gentlemanliness' became more widespread? Of course, there are those who carp and say it was an ideal that was never truly lived up to, or that it is no longer relevant. To which i point to John Steed in The Avengers and say that, fictional though he was, he clearly demonstrated that their could be no incompatibility between a true gentleman and the modern world.
And, for the record, much as I enjoy Bond movies and books, James Bond is NOT a gentleman. This is an assumption made by people who believe that education, received pronunciation and a suit are all the requirements of being a gentleman. Bond is a cad.

Bond is a cad!

Gentlemanliness is a tricky one. I would say my fiance is because he is most of the time and in the right situations but he can be a "guy" too which I also find very sexy. I would go so far as to say that he has many different personalities(?)

Of course many of us do, we behave differently depending on the company we are in at the time.

While I love a gentleman, I don't think I could tolerate a man that was a gentleman 24/7. That would be not only creepy but frustrating as well.

whattocallmyself

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 4:07pm Post subject: Room Lovely
While I love a gentleman, I don't think I could tolerate a man that was a gentleman 24/7. That would be not only creepy but frustrating as well.

Its when the control is lost it gets really sexy...

Onwards and Upwards!

Red Raven

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 4:13pm Post subject: Room Lovely

Oh yes!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 4:33pm Post subject: Room Lovely

Ewww totally. James Bond is so a cad. I don't find him attractive at all. Not the way he treats women. I do love the films however and I am interested in reading the books.

Oh yes!

Trying to imagine Jeeves in a state of undress. hehe

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 4:35pm Post subject: Room Lovely
In the books he's only slightly less of a cad (the fact that he has a new woman in every story is explained at the beginning of each book by his having been dumped - awww!). He is, however, very much a creature of his era. Not PC. The quality of the books lies in some cracking dialogue and great location descriptions. Start with the short stories maybe, or either Moonraker or From Russia With Love.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Sep 14th, 2007 4:36pm Post subject: Room Lovely
Room Lovely:

1 Stephen
1 Hugh
1 bed

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry