Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 7:37pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
No no... not girls in general. JUST ME. I am the worst person in my entire year. I even had private tennis lessons when I was younger, to no effect.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 7:50pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes

I can wink with my left eye, but not the right. I really wish I could raise one eyebrow. That always looks so cool.

wink with your left eye, but not the right - hey! Are you left-handed as well

He, I can raise one eyebrow - doesn´t look cool at all in my case From a certain age you shouldn´t do it anyway as it will leave indelible wrinkles on your forehead

Boffinbabe12: the secret lies in the eye-hand coordination (I almost wrote eye-ball (eyeball ) coordination X-D )

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 7:53pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
Yes I know, however I have absolutely NO hand eye coordination. (I did hit my head a lot when I was younger).

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 8:32pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
Are you left-handed as well

Nope, I write rightly.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 9:10pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes

Of course, the real reason is that everyone knows girls can't play sports.

etc

I played both as a kid a lot too. Badminton with my older brother and tennis in the same tennis academy that produced Anna Kournikova - the Moscow "Spartak". It was delightful to watch her outplay grown men. She must've been eleven or so at the time.

ClareBear

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 10:22pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
I can't click or wink. It has always distressed me.
I also don't understand how people can play badminton and tennis! How do they know whereabouts the ball is going to go and how long their racket is??? It baffles me!

Kinesthesia.

Of course, the real reason is that everyone knows girls can't play sports.

Rugby

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 10:28pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
Is Kinesthesia some sort of disorder?

ClareBear

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 10:32pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
Oh Wiki, what does thou say?

Kinesthesia is a key component in muscle memory and hand-eye coordination and training can improve this sense (see blind contour drawing). The ability to swing a golf club, or to catch a ball requires a finely-tuned sense of the position of the joints. This sense needs to become automatic through training to enable a person to concentrate on other aspects of performance, such as maintaining motivation or seeing where other people are.

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 10:44pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
So I am severely lacking in that area I'm assuming?

amlee

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 11:28pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
Well I don't understand how I can play tennis as well as I can then because I have horrible hand eye coordination. Throw something at me and itll smack me right in the head. Unless theres a racket of some sort in my hand? Maybe I just have a horrible attention span.

Or maybe I'm really not good at tennis and other things of the sort. Maybe its all in my head and all the people I got stuck playing against were extremely bad? Oh well, I enjoy it so don't burst my little bubble. It's one of the few types of sports I enjoy playing! I like hitting things!

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 11:55pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
I catch things thrown with me very well. Throwing them back accurately is another matter.

boffinbabe12

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 11:57pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
I think it is amazing that I am able to walk for more than three metres without falling over.

amlee

Posted Fri Mar 9th, 2007 12:49am Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
I think it is amazing that I am able to walk for more than three metres without falling over.

That's something I struggle with constantly... X-D Especially if there's ice, snow, or alcohol involved.

joan

Posted Fri Mar 9th, 2007 12:55am Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
Throwing and catching? never could. I'm so unco-ordinated I never could drive a manual car. I'm always bruised somewhere as I misjudge where the furniture is.....and when i first get out of bed on a morning I bounce from hall wall to hall wall until i reach the loo. The cat flees in fear, and my husband pulls the bedclothes over his face in despair. But I'm a bit better when I wake up properly, and strangely enough, I could always ride a push bike.

boffinbabe12

Posted Fri Mar 9th, 2007 5:10pm Post subject: Rubik's cube woes
I'm always bruised somewhere as I misjudge where the furniture is
I do that too! All the time!