Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Firlefanz

Posted Tue Feb 3rd, 2009 9:20pm Post subject: Sampsonian Fry - the fryappletalk in tweet
Hi, I'm Andrew Sampson tweeting on behalf of Stephen Fry whilst he's giving the Apple Talk #fryappletalk Stephen's is being introduced. Round of applause. #fryappletalk
"Very happy to see everyone here, including all my Followers on Twitter" #fryappletalk
Stephen talking about being the 2nd buyer of an Apple in Europe after Douglas Adam #fryappletalk
Giving a back history on how he fell in love with computing starting with a 1930s book that illustrated the future of motors #fryappletalk Famous proclamation made in 1960-70s that perhaps 5 computers would be needed world wide #fryappletalk
I'm sure others are tweeting this far better than I. Stephen now moving onto discussion on IMB and microcomputers in general #fryappletalk Moved onto graphical interface seen on LISA which transformed computing into a pleasure. "Gooey" is the tech term I believe.
25 years ago Apple changed all of that with an interface and a floppy disk with no hard drive. Stephen just confessed to buying a £7000 laser printer then they first became available for sale. £7000!!!!
Thanks @wabbit42 it is "it's GUI (as in Graphics User Interface)" Grateful!
Let's assume I'm quoting Stephen. He's explaining that IBM thought the hardware was key, but of course Bill Gates realised it was software Stephen would really like to hear your questions. Please tag them #fryappletalk Oh yes sorry forgetting the tag #fryappletalk
Steve Jobs wanted to make Apple like Pepsi vs Coke.
I'm missing some key points here that the podcast will cover. As you can imagine Stephen is talking very fast. #fryappletalk Discussing Steve's departure from Apple and then return after it started to not do very well. #fryappletalk
Now moved onto Stephen's champion friend Jonny Ive who designed the break through Bondi Blue Apple Mac
Stephen believes that looking @ acomputer screen is like stepping into an office and that it should able to give you pleasure #fryappletalk
Stephen might be an evangelist for Apple but wants to make it clear he has never been paid to endorse the brand. #fryappletalk @hjwebb @SubtleBlade was through software (sorry) #fryappletalk
Audio recordings, such as audiobooks whilst digital and on MP3 player actually are a long tradition of fireside story selling #fryappletalk Just a reminder that I'm Andrew and I'm tweeting on behalf of Stephen Fry as he gives a Talk at Apple Regent St London #fryappletalk
Great questions coming through for Stephen thanks guys #fryappletalk
Now Stephen is talking about the lack of boundaries that email writing - that the tradition of letter writing has returned #fryappletalk
Questions asked by audience now. "Do you think net neutrality is important?"
"How would Oscar Wilde have used Twitter?" #fryappletalk
Now talking about the audio books recorded and available of Oscar Wilde and Anton Chekhov #fryappletalk Stephen thinks Wilde may have thought Twitter may have slightly terrified the press. @audaciousgloop My name is Andrew Sampson and I'm tweeting on his behalf Stephen gives a speech.
"What is your view of Creative Commons licenses"?
Very sorry, I've fallen behind as the questions are streaming in. Looks like they're being handled by those of you around me #fryappletalk Apple Talk is being recorded and will be available next week on iTunes. Will convey the talk that Stephen's proxy hasn't. #fryappletalk
Stephen finishing now with a story about devils that Oscar Wilde used to relay. You can hear it on stephenfry.com #fryappletalk
Thanks for your patience guys, Stephen will take over his account now as per normal. All the best, Andrew #fryappletalk

monochromeprincess

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 11:17am Post subject: Sampsonian Fry - the fryappletalk in tweet
Thanks Firlefanz :D:D Really helps before it becomes subsumed into the black hole of twitter.

@dreamingshadow